General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: NS4 Polyphonic arpeggiator start

Postby catosim » 30 May 2023, 17:59

Philipp wrote:I'm on mobile right now but there is an option where you can specify if the arp should restart after all fingers left the keys or if it should continue to run in the background. Check the manual, there is also an in between setting where you can lift all fingers for less than a quarter note (?) without resetting the arp.

I did check this, but I cant't find the functions you are referring to.
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby st2ex » 30 May 2023, 18:27

st2ex wrote:
WannitBBBad wrote:
st2ex wrote:Some of the Arp factory presets don't stop after releasing a key. They sound as long as I don't switch to another program.

Is the "hold" programmed to be "on" for the presets that continue playing after releasing a key?

I'll check later

Right,. KB HOLD set to on
Kind regards,
Helmut

Nord Stage 4C - Nord Stage 3HA88 - Roland AX-Synth - Korg M1 - Kawai Upright Piano
st2ex

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: SOLVED - NS4 Polyphonic arpeggiator start

Postby WannitBBBad » 31 May 2023, 13:47

catosim wrote:The problem was easy to solve, with the KB SYNC function (page 36 in the manual) :facepalm: :oops:

Thanks for the follow--up. The manual states:
"In KB SYNC mode (Shift+Arp Run), the arpeggiator or gate will be reset any time a new note is played after all keys have been lifted. With keyboard sync off, any new notes played while the arpeggio or gate is running will conform to the “grid” of the current tempo setting."

Without KB SYNC on, the NS4 still shouldn't just start playing the arpeggiator just by selecting a program before a note is played. If you turn KB SYNC back off, does the NS4 still have that problem or does it now wait until a note is played? If the problem is fixed, it might be a bug where an initial state isn't set when creating a program. As you noted that the arpeggiator was triggering just by selecting a program, how did the NS4 "know" what notes to play? Is it a seemless transition problem? Thanks again.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 31 May 2023, 14:16, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum