Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Re: 40+ Samples

Postby Johnted1983 » 19 Jan 2022, 19:19

With reference to the Baba O'Riley samples:
1) Awesome stuff! Thanks so much for taking the time to share all the hard work - appreciated more than you know!

2) I play this song with a band that plays it in a different key (C, rather than F) just to make the vocal range work without strain. The "FG" sample changes speed significantly if you play it in C, or even if you just transpose the whole board to -5 semitones (making F play a C). Any idea on how to speed the sample back up to match the correct speed, while playing in a different key?

Not usually a fan of changing the keys of songs so drastically, but the singer is hard headed on this one haha; Pick your battles!

The author Johnted1983 was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
Johnted1983

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby WannitBBBad » 19 Jan 2022, 20:58

Johnted1983 wrote:With reference to the Baba O'Riley...
(2) I play this song with a band that plays it in a different key (C, rather than F) just to make the vocal range work without strain. The "FG" sample changes speed significantly if you play it in C, or even if you just transpose the whole board to -5 semitones (making F play a C). Any idea on how to speed the sample back up to match the correct speed, while playing in a different key?..

Hello, and welcome to the Forum! I would suggest downloading the mono or stereo WAV files and using an audio editing tool like Audacity to change the pitch without changing the speed. After saving your adjusted WAV files, you can make your own NSMP/NSMP3 samples with the Nord Sample Editor 4, assigning each WAV file where you want it. I took the approach of having one sample for the "sequenced" 16th notes ("FG" sample) and folks typically put it on "hold" so that it can continue to play while using both hands for the piano. The 32nd notes play individually - optimally you would want to change the pitch for some of those notes as well. Good luck to you!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 11 Mar 2022, 05:59, edited 4 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
Johnted1983
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Re: 60+ Samples

Postby WannitBBBad » 11 Mar 2022, 05:59

Hi everyone, I hope all of you are doing well. Below is an update on NSMP samples I've posted over the last few months:

Steely Dan "Peg". I posted a Stage 3 program with samples for "Peg" at --> post150082.html#p150082 and for Nord Electro and Piano folks especially, "SD Peg R Clav Lyr BV W.nsmp" posted at post150083.html#p150083 is a full NSMP sample with backing vocals, Lyricon, Rhodes with phase shifter panned a little to the left, and Clavinet with flanger panned a little to the right. For the MP3 below, I use hall reverb and a Clavinet from the piano section playing with the Lyricon; I'm playing along with tracks of the drums, bass, and guitar from the "Karaoke Version" website demo (nice site BTW).
Genesis "Mama". This NSMP file has both the "ghost" sound and the Arp Quadra sound. For the MP3, a B3 provides the starting drone sound (held with the sustain pedal), and then I come in with the sample sounds. The NSMP is posted at --> post150159.html#p150159

Strat with Pad Samples. I put together seven samples combining a Stratocaster with a sustaining background pad. Below are a few examples of what can be found at post150372.html#p150372

9 Brass and 3 Brass/Strings Samples - Stereo and Mono NSMP versions are provided at post150547.html#p150547
Brass and Brass/Strings ensemble combinations were created layering Nord and Korg base samples. Some of the samples work well for slower passages while others work well when you need something fast and punchy. Here are a few examples:
Crescendo Brass - Two slightly-different samples are posted at the same site that are good for quick attack and an "Earth Wind and Fire"-type brass build.

The Who "Who Are You". Based on my Stage 3 program I created a sample with the initial Drum hit, intro synth pattern (one time through), and looped hand claps on the low "B" and "C" keys, and my programmed synth sound on the notes above them. All that's added to the NSMP file for the MP3 is delay and reverb.
Stage 3 program and NSMP sample can be found at --> post150882.html#p150882

Santana "Smooth". - Nothing beats a real brass section, but to get by with samples I threw in a couple horn effects to just to make them stand out a little more. With piano and B3 to the left and this sample to the right, for the mp3 I'm playing along with the vocal, bass, and drums from Karaoke Version. The sample can be found at --> nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/santana-smooth-piano-patch-request-willing-to-pay-t21487.html?hilit=Smooth#p150861

Strings and Brass Split - I put this sample together per a request with "StudioStr Leg_Vib_KH ste 2.0" left of the E4/F4 split point and "Function_Brass_Motif.nsmp" to the right. At the link, 5 split samples are provided, identical in sound, but saved at different string/brass levels relative to each other. LINK--> post151037.html#p151037
"Have Faith" sample. At this link are two versions of the background pad used for a song "Have Faith" with choir and strings but the B3 not included. Both samples sound very similar with the higher frequencies cut back, however the first has a little more of the voices present while the addition of the strings with the second has a nice natural chorus effect that sounds good especially with the higher frequencies added. In the MP3 demos at the link, I play the samples on my Stage 3 without effects except reverb and increase the FREQ to give you an idea of options from soft pad to full strings. The MP3 below with the White Grand has a few FREQ changes applied. LINK--> post145212.html#p145212

Genesis "Jesus, He Knows Me" This sample was created from my Stage 3 program (post151096.html#p151096) for "Jesus, He Knows Me" that has a saw pad below C4 and percussive synth above. For the MP3 demo I have the sample loaded and a B3 backing up the pad for the Chorus only, and I'm playing along with the "Karaoke Version" website demo with the keyboards removed. LINK--> post151459.html#p151459
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 07 Jan 2023, 16:00, edited 4 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by 2 members, including:
poorsparkyPolishPrince
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Re: 70+ Samples

Postby WannitBBBad » 08 Jan 2023, 18:31

As some Stage and Electro owners take the approach of bypassing the internal Leslie effect and running their B3 through an external Leslie or Leslie effect, I thought some Nord Piano or Wave owners might want to do the same, so I created several B3 samples without a Leslie, intended to be used with an external Leslie effect pedal such as the Neo Vent II, EH Lester K/G, or Strymon (see comparison at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0aXOKHp5L4). Besides putting the user in control of the effect, the sample size for each B3 setting can be quite a bit smaller as it doesn't have to be in stereo and the sample length can be shorter as there isn't a rotary effect to match up in the loops. The files can be found at LINK-> nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/hammond-888-nsmp-samples-t21307-10.html#p158436
The MP3 is a demonstration of the 888000000 sample clean and then adding my Electro Harmonix Lester G pedal, slow and fast, and incrementing the drive. Take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 08 Jan 2023, 18:43, edited 2 times in total.

ericL
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby Harpo » 13 Mar 2023, 02:02

What an outstanding body of work. I very much appreciate all the time and work you have put into this. It's amazing. I was lucky enough to use your programs and samples to perform Who's Next live twice. Pushing out the sound through outputs 1-2 in stereo, then I used 3 and 4 to keep the drummer and butt kickers going to keep the band together.

Thank you again for your help!
Gig gear: Nord Stage 3, Nord Wave, Nord Lead 2x, Kurzweil PC38K, Yamaha Motif,Hydrasynth, Minimoog reissue, Minimoog Voyager, Moog Taurus, Mellotron 4000D, Microkorg.

Studio gear: Oberheim Matrix 12, Yamaha CS-60, Alesis Andromeda, ARP 2600, MiniKorgs.

The author Harpo was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
Harpo

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby WannitBBBad » 30 May 2023, 17:15

Hi everyone, it's been a while since my last post. Here's an update on a few samples I've posted:

Corey Hart "Never Surrender' Arpeggiator. This sample covers the intro along with another phrase for the middle of the song. The sample HERE covers the parts in the original key and a half-step down.

Percussive Orchestra Hits for Maria Magdalena "Sandra'. Here's an example of orchestra hits from a sound effects WAV file and pitch-adjusted posted HERE.

Joe Walsh "Life's Been Good". Simple sample of the synth used during the guitar solo. The sample here is looped so the synth can be set on "hold" to play it as long as needed.
Deep Purple "Hush" intro wolf howl. At this post is a NSMP I created followed by a few created by Forum member Schorsch. WAV files are also provided if anyone wants to add the howl to another sample.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 03 Jun 2023, 14:33, edited 4 times in total.

PolishPrince
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby Berad3 » 28 Aug 2023, 08:16

Hello. I downloaded the Life’s been Good sample on my Electro 5 and it only has one pitch. How can I make it so it changed key to whatever key I push?
Berad3

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby WannitBBBad » 28 Aug 2023, 14:46

Berad3 wrote:Hello. I downloaded the Life’s been Good sample on my Electro 5 and it only has one pitch. How can I make it so it changed key to whatever key I push?

Hello. The sample is "unpitched" as samples that have an embedded tempo don't interpolate well; lower notes play the pattern slower and higher notes play the pattern faster. To play the song in a different key you would need to change the pitch of the original synth pattern with software like Audacity so that the sample retains the tempo of the original. A separate WAV file would need to be created for each pitch change. I added the original WAV file here that you can work from. After making your new WAV files, you would load them into the Nord Sample Editor 4 and loop each one to create a new Nord sample. Good luck!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 28 Aug 2023, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby Berad3 » 28 Aug 2023, 22:30

The problem is that it changes key within the song. It drops to G, then comes back to A. I’ve downloaded sample’s before that fit the pitch of the key. I’m really not good at this. Can barely find the in switch on most keyboards.
Berad3

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby WannitBBBad » 29 Aug 2023, 00:09

Berad3 wrote:The problem is that it changes key within the song. It drops to G, then comes back to A. I’ve downloaded sample’s before that fit the pitch of the key. I’m really not good at this. Can barely find the in switch on most keyboards.

Listen to it closely. Though bass and other instruments drop briefly to a G, I believe the synth pattern stays the same throughout.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 30 Aug 2023, 04:57, edited 1 time in total.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

PreviousNext

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)