Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Re: Hammond NSMP Samples

Postby MEL868 » 10 Mar 2023, 02:28

These do sound so clean, even though I don't use Lester or anything fancy, put in synth section in case the need for more split ranges, or layering under horns possibly. I read somewhere some, like me, layer small amount of organ under the horns to make them more robust.

thanks for sharing these.
:keyboard: MEL868
Nord Stage 3 Compact
NS3 SW73
MEL868
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Sponsor

Postby WannitBBBad » 12 Mar 2023, 16:48

MEL868 wrote:These do sound so clean, even though I don't use Lester or anything fancy, put in synth section in case the need for more split ranges, or layering under horns possibly. I read somewhere some, like me, layer small amount of organ under the horns to make them more robust.

thanks for sharing these.

That's a great idea, I might try that as well with chorus so it can be independent of the Leslie.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 12 Mar 2023, 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby Rusty Mike » 05 Apr 2023, 21:50

Just loaded some of these into my Piano 5. They really fill a need in the instrument's arsenal!

A HUGE :thanks: for sharing your hard work!

:yourock:
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby WannitBBBad » 13 Apr 2023, 01:21

You're welcome! Congratulations on your new Piano 5!
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby papynico » 27 Apr 2023, 17:12

thanks so much for all those samples for my nord piano 5 !!!
Nord Piano 5 88; Roland RD700SX; Roland VR760; Roland VK8M; Roland XV5050; Roland P330: Yamaha DX7IID; Hammond SK1 :thumbup:
papynico

Postby WannitBBBad » 28 Apr 2023, 07:05

papynico wrote:thanks so much for all those samples for my nord piano 5 !!!

You're welcome!

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
papynico
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby Rmollet » 28 May 2023, 11:00

Hi, I am trying to download these to my Piano 5. I have downloaded from the forum to my Mac, but when I go to get the files through the Nord Sound manager they are "greyed out" in the Finder window and I cannot click on them to upload to the Piano. Anyone any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?
Many thanks
R
Rmollet

Postby WannitBBBad » 28 May 2023, 16:30

Rmollet wrote:Hi, I am trying to download these to my Piano 5. I have downloaded from the forum to my Mac, but when I go to get the files through the Nord Sound manager they are "greyed out" in the Finder window and I cannot click on them to upload to the Piano. Anyone any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong?
Many thanks
R

I believe they might be greyed out because they aren't in the NSMP4 format. I would suggest selecting the Samples tab in NSM and then trying "drag n drop" to drag the NSMP file to the sample memory. NSM should prompt you that it's not the correct format and ask if you want it converted to NSMP4 format. I hope that helps, good luck!

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
Nordine
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Re: Hammond NSMP Samples - another option

Postby Nordfingers » 17 Sep 2023, 19:33

Hi all,

Thanks a LOT for these samples. They do sound great.

I have another solution - apologies if it's been covered elsewhere in this forum.

I purchased a Ferrofish Organ Module for ~$400. It's small, and sits right on top of my Piano 5, giving me direct access to drawbars and full control over Hammond parameters in real time, including a foot switch to toggle Leslie FX. I use it via MIDI and send its outs to channels on my mixer or amp. It has preset storage, so I created my own 'patches'. I mapped their location (bank and sound numbers) to empty spots on the Nord. It took some experimenting to identify which Nord banks/patches triggered specific Ferrofish banks/patches. Once I knew that, I saved the internal Ferrofish patches to empty spots in that unit, and then built my own sounds in the spots called up by the Nord. That way when I pull up a Nord program it switches the Ferrofish to the sound I want. I turned off all the layers on the Nord for that program, so there is no internal sound played, just info sent info to MIDI.

This solution works well for me. Caveat: other than the drawbars, volume control, and Leslie FX (using the foot switch), the realtime control on the Ferrofish is a bit tricky given the size of the display and the way you navigate through the parameters. Still, by creating presets that I like I have very usable sounds.

I'm sure other organ modules could be used in the same way

I hope this helps someone.

Nord P5 and Ferrofish.jpg
Nord P5 and Ferrofish
Nord P5 and Ferrofish.jpg (110.11 KiB) Viewed 831 times

The author Nordfingers was thanked by 2 members, including:
papynicoWannitBBBad
Nordfingers

Postby IWright » 16 Nov 2023, 12:01

I'm very new to Nord, having just bought a Nord 5 - I was searching for amore useable Organ sample. Love the work you've done here. However, I seem unable to upload any sample from here -or the official Nord site as the Sound Manager seems to be searching for a np5p extension? On the Nord site they seem to have npno or nsnp4 - but says it's compatible with Nord 5? I downloaded the most up to date Sound Manager, can anyone please help as it won't read NSMP or anything and honestly this is confusing me at the moment! Thanks
IWright

PreviousNext

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)