Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Rhythm accompaniment

Postby Beemer2 » 27 May 2023, 23:47

I play only at home and since replacing my Yamaha Tyros 5 with my Grand I had missed having any rhythm accompaniment. That was resolved today after receiving a Boss DR-01S Rhythm Partner. https://www.boss.info/uk/products/dr-01s/
On initial try without reading the manual it seemed simple, almost childlike, but after reading the manual and after using it with my Grand I am very happy with it. I get pleasure from being forced to keep to the timing of its many rhythm patterns and that simple button presses can add or subtract the various instruments, change tempo, beats and volume on the fly. I had not realised before purchase that it can store 50 user made programs as favourites.
I have an Alesis SR-16 drum machine but I will be selling it as the DR-01S does everything I need.

The author Beemer2 was thanked by:
JayDee
Beemer2

Rhythm accompaniment

Sponsor

Re: Rhythm accompaniment

Postby JayDee » 02 Jun 2023, 03:54

Thanks! Interesting beat box. I have a SR 18, but mainly use a Beat Buddy. This seems to be good for acoustic music.
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum