Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Re: Nord Sample editor importing samples with loop points!!!

Postby tsss27 » 25 May 2023, 17:26

When I open the exe file:

fixloop.exe - System Error
The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

My guess is this only supports Win10 machines; I use a Win7 machine for most of my music stuff. Yeah, I know...lol. but it works perfectly and have had no reason to upgrade as even though Microsoft doesn't support it anymore, every app I use is still working well with new versions.
That being said, the installation of Python I have is Win7 compatible so maybe there's more to it than that.
tsss27
Patch Creator

Sponsor

Postby Eriknie » 25 May 2023, 19:04

Oops, I did the conversion using auto-py-2-exe. Tested it on my windows 10 machine and it seemed to work.
The python version should work on win7.
Are you sure that you use the wavfile.py that is included in the repository.

If you keep having issues, I would advice to do the test on a windows 10 machine if that is available to you for the python or the .exe version. Or on a mac (Python only)
NP5-73, NS3C
QSheets: The fastest sheet display tool in the world that plays Audio and send Program Changes: https://QSheets.eriknie.synology.me
FixLoop: Add Loop Points of Wav Files into the Nord Sample Editor: https://github.com/erik-nie/FixLoop-NSE
Eriknie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby tsss27 » 25 May 2023, 19:08

This is the wavfile that I used:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/erik- ... wavfile.py
That should be the only one, correct?
tsss27
Patch Creator

Postby Eriknie » 25 May 2023, 19:16

cookie wrote:Thanks Eriknie !
I believe it may be too much asking for EXE version of CheckLoopPoints ? :)

Fred

Done, was the same process as the fixloop.exe
I quickly tested it and it seems to work:

qsheets.eriknie.synology.me
at the bottom you will find the fixloop.exe and checklooppoints.exe

Al these .exe files are experimental. There is limited error checking and if they crash it will be hard to find the reason.
The python version will be much more verbose on the errors.

Too see the output, run it from the command prompt Follow the steps below:
easy way to go to the folder:
1. Click on the Windows Explorer's location bar.
2. Type cmd.
3. Hit Enter.
4. Command Prompt will open in the folder.

Good luck!
Last edited by Berretje on 27 May 2023, 01:57, edited 2 times in total.
NP5-73, NS3C
QSheets: The fastest sheet display tool in the world that plays Audio and send Program Changes: https://QSheets.eriknie.synology.me
FixLoop: Add Loop Points of Wav Files into the Nord Sample Editor: https://github.com/erik-nie/FixLoop-NSE

The author Eriknie was thanked by:
cookie
Eriknie
Patch Creator

Postby tsss27 » 25 May 2023, 20:18

Got the python version working now, and it was due to my own lack of paying attention. I had installed the 32 bit python for some reason and this is a 64 bit system. lol...lot going on at the moment I guess! Tested it, loops were found perfectly.
tsss27
Patch Creator

Postby cookie » 26 May 2023, 09:32

Thanks a million for the EXE files.
I'll make my own tests but being able to identify WAV that contains looping info and import this directly in a NSE project is more than helpful !

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby cookie » 06 Jun 2023, 16:41

Hello,

Quick feedback on the EXE version.
Successfully tested on 88 WAV files that were 96k, 1 channel !
What needs to be added in the procedure is : once you load your WAV files in NSE (in my case automatically assigned), you WILL NEED to select all and click the loop button BEFORE saving your project file. FIXLOOP will not automatically create the loop structures in an "unlooped" nsmpproj file !

Also glad to say that the checklooppoints.exe is also working !
Need to make extra tests to see if this is also working with some WAV I have that contains loops but "Root Key" is shown as "0" in EndlessWav program.

Next nice feature would be to have parameters in the FixLoops.EXE program to read WAV directly from the "Media" folder (where WAV are copied if you select the "Consolidate Project" Save option in NSE). I now need to take more time to see if you can specify directly your project name as a parameter in FixLoops.EXE : as without parameters, it will try to generate loops in all nsmpproj adding smart "_" in front of the files.

Again, great work !
Sharing my nsmp which is of no musical interest, but who knows ?
Volca Keys Saw NL.nsmp
Test of loops on Volca Keys Saw WAV files
(3.25 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Postby Eriknie » 06 Jun 2023, 20:27

cookie wrote:Hello,

Quick feedback on the EXE version.
Successfully tested on 88 WAV files that were 96k, 1 channel !
What needs to be added in the procedure is : once you load your WAV files in NSE (in my case automatically assigned), you WILL NEED to select all and click the loop button BEFORE saving your project file. FIXLOOP will not automatically create the loop structures in an "unlooped" nsmpproj file !

I checked this and it is mentioned in the githib description, perhaps not very clear

cookie wrote:Also glad to say that the checklooppoints.exe is also working !
Need to make extra tests to see if this is also working with some WAV I have that contains loops but "Root Key" is shown as "0" in EndlessWav program.

Good to hear!

cookie wrote:Next nice feature would be to have parameters in the FixLoops.EXE program to read WAV directly from the "Media" folder (where WAV are copied if you select the "Consolidate Project" Save option in NSE). I now need to take more time to see if you can specify directly your project name as a parameter in FixLoops.EXE : as without parameters, it will try to generate loops in all nsmpproj adding smart "_" in front of the files.

I will check this in the next version if I get some time to work on it.
now it will look for all nsmpproj files without "_", check alle .wav files and add the loops.
I could add the Media folder default to the scan if that helps
NP5-73, NS3C
Eriknie
Patch Creator

Postby cookie » 07 Jun 2023, 09:41

For the loop points to be created before saving the project file, this is because you did not mentioned it in your first message in this thread (which of course is what I based my tests on, instead of going to GitHub).
"# create a simple project with Nord Sample editor: import all samples and assign them to zones if not done already
# put samples, projectfile, wavfile.py and fixloop.py in the same folder"

Adding the Media folder option could make sense as this is Nord "Consolidate Project" idea to have the WAV copied in a subdirectory of a project file.
Not something problematic anyway as it's quite easy to copy WAV to the project file folder !

Again this feature is very helpful and Nord would be wise to integrate it in future NSE releases !

Needs also now to find a WAV converter that keeps the looping information (I use FormatFactory for conversion between WAV to WAV 44kHz but it loses the info :(). Maybe ffmpeg with the right parameters would keep the info ?

Fred
cookie
Patch Creator

Postby Eriknie » 08 Jun 2023, 12:30

Now both the .py and .exe version of Fixloop will look fro wav files in the root folder and in the Media folder.

Hope this helps!

For the latest documentation see the github page (see first post)
NP5-73, NS3C
Eriknie
Patch Creator

PreviousNext

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)