Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

keyboard is slow

Postby Josiahdlr » 18 May 2023, 09:18

Hello I figured I would come to a form since I can’t find any information anywhere. Basically I got a new secondhand electro and it was incredibly dusty. All the keys made very loud clicking noises so I decided to take the keybed a part and add some lubrication I make sure to use plastic safe, silicone grease. See the thing is after applying this the keyboard was incredibly hard to play so I decided to take it back out and clean it up it hasn’t felt the same and keys keep getting stuck and it’s gotten super heavy. At this point I’ve used three different types of lubrication that are all plastic safe with different viscosity. I’ve clean the lubrication off and put different ones on. They either start off very loose but they get Gucci feeling in around 30 seconds. At this point, my Nord is taken apart in my closet, waiting to be fixed lol

Does anyone know what kind of lubrication Nord uses? Has anyone ever done this on the waterfall keybed?
Last edited by Josiahdlr on 23 May 2023, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
Josiahdlr

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

keyboard is slow

Sponsor

Re: Please help keyboard is super sticky

Postby Josiahdlr » 18 May 2023, 09:26

Also, just wanted to clarify types of lubricant of you so far

Silicon grease (thick low viscosity)
Ptte lubricant (almost like water drys out fast but high viscosity)
Fret bored oil( idk why just curious doesn’t really work well lmao)
Super lubes 51010( kinda works medium viscosity still drys out and kinda gets sticky)

I know some people have recommended Teflon lubricant on other keyboard forms
Josiahdlr

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby Beemer2 » 22 May 2023, 11:00

I use Teflon powder when regulating my acoustic piano. It is available on ebay. There is no slippier substance and plastic to plastic surfaces are super slick. However if you decide to brush it on use it make sure you don't get it near any optical sensors.
Beemer2

Postby FZiegler » 22 May 2023, 12:07

I don't think there are any optical sensors in a Nord. But I wonder if it's a good idea to use any sort of powder close to electrical switches.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
Mr_-G-
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum