Share your complete Nord Stage 4 programs/patches including sample sets used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

convert *.ns3p to *.ns4p

Postby Bill on keyboard » 12 May 2023, 21:41

Hi all,

I'm a brand new NS4 owner and I am discovering the sound manager and all the capabilities of this wonderful beast !
I found some very interesting sounds/samples on the forum, but I cannot import them to my NS4 because the Sound Manager (when plugged to my NS4) doesn't recognize the ns3p or ns3f extensions. The same with the Nors Sample Editor : cannot import those extensions to save them in the ns4p format...

Does anyone have an idea ? Thanks for your help !

Gregoire
PS : I'm building NS4 programs that I will be glad to share in a near future.
Bill on keyboard
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

convert *.ns3p to *.ns4p

Sponsor

Re: convert *.ns3p to *.ns4p

Postby WannitBBBad » 12 May 2023, 23:05

Hello, Stage 3 programs can't be used on the Stage 4, however you can view the organ piano, and synth settings of NS3 programs using the NS2 & NS3 Program Viewer. The organ and piano settings can easily be recreated on the NS4; the synths are a bit different however you can view waveforms/samples and Amp/Env settings to help get you started. Nord Sound Manager will convert any "user-created" NSMP3 samples to NSMP4 format; a current bug with NSM v7.70 prevents conversion of NSMP files however here's a discussion on that for work-arounds until fixed: Sample Converter. It's easiest to work with NSM in "organize" mode which will show open locations for samples. I hope that helps, good luck!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 13 May 2023, 00:59, edited 3 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
Bill on keyboard
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby FZiegler » 12 May 2023, 23:16

Not only you may be new to the NS4, but the NS4 is also quite new to the world. So there isn't very much already around to share.

The program format of the NS3 and NS4 aren't compatible. The synth engine e.g. changed completely. There will probably never be a way to convert programs from one format to another. The Nord Sound Manager does recognise the NS3 format - but will only be able to load it onto a NS3, not a NS4.

What is usable on both systems are the piano samples from the Nord Piano Library and a lot of synth samples that do coexist for both Nord Sample Library 3.0 (NS3) and Nord Sample Library 4.0 format (NS4).

You may also use the NS3 program viewer created by user florence and see the settings on a NS3 and try to replicate them on a NS4.
Last edited by FZiegler on 12 May 2023, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by 2 members, including:
NordineBill on keyboard
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Bill on keyboard » 13 May 2023, 15:59

Many thanks @WannitBBBad & @FZiegler for the clear and valuable explanations ! :thanks:
Bill on keyboard
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Return to Nord Stage 4 Programs (*.ns4p files)