Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Bringing my NordWave 2 from Norway to USA

Postby Gaupesjefen » 11 Apr 2023, 18:20

When bringing my NOrdwave 2 from Norway to USA I know I have to switch the internal plug to 110V
Do I also have to change the fuse? to 300mA? or Can I use 315mA?
Thanks
Dag
Gaupesjefen

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Bringing my NordWave 2 from Norway to USA

Sponsor

Re: Bringing my NordWave 2 from Norway to USA

Postby 23skidoo » 11 Apr 2023, 18:36

Hi and welcome to NUF. It's common courtesy to search a forum before posting. Your topic is already well discussed and does not need a new thread dedicated to it.

In fact, there is a sticky post right here at the top of the entire thread list called "Converting Nords between European and North American Power": general-nord-forum-f29/converting-nords-between-european-and-north-american-power-t23084.html

The answer to your question is in bold font there. It cannot be missed unless you are simply not reading.

Can I use 315mA?

No, you cannot use a 315mA fuse in place of a 300mA fuse. That's always a rule with fuses and is not specific to this case - use what the designer specified.

The author 23skidoo was thanked by:
Gaupesjefen
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby Gaupesjefen » 11 Apr 2023, 18:39

Ok Thanks..Im not sure what to use..I know there is a 125 in it now (Norway)
Gaupesjefen

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby 23skidoo » 11 Apr 2023, 20:14

In that post I linked it tells you exactly which kind of fuse and what voltage, size, and amperage to put in your Nord. Should be everything you need to know! If there's 125 in there, and you want to be extra careful you can put a 250mA fuse in, but I wouldn't go over 300mA, definitely.

With fuses, you can always try a lower amperage value, but you're more likely to blow it by accident. While you may get lucky and not damage anything with a too-large fuse, it's never a good idea to go higher than rated - the circuit may already be at the edge of tolerance there, so you run the risk of damaging something expensive in the unfortunate case of an internal short, a power surge, or other low-probability-but-high-damage-potential cases. Of course, they always say the circuit blows to protect the fuse... hehe.

The author 23skidoo was thanked by:
Gaupesjefen
23skidoo

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Return to Nord Wave Forum