Piano & Yamaha FC7 volume pedal

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
lucky_13
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Piano & Yamaha FC7 volume pedal

Post by lucky_13 »

Hi there fellow Nord lovers. I want to use control pedal for volume with the Nord Electro 6. I got a Yamaha FC7 pedal. It works fine with organ but piano, EP and Clav do not accept control. Any suggestions?
Tasten-Bert
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Piano & Yamaha FC7 volume pedal

Post by Tasten-Bert »

Hi and a very warm welcome to this wonderful forum of nord enthusiasts.

As for your question: each sound section has a button to switch on or off the sustain and/or control pedal for it. Have you checked that? If the wording stands below the button, you need to hold SHIFT plus press the according button.

Good luck and cheers
Last edited by Tasten-Bert on 11 Jul 2022, 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Tasten-Bert for the post:
Smokehouse
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |
[hr]
... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Smokehouse
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by Smokehouse »

Hi, Fellow Norders...

I've researched this in the owner's manual for my NE6 and on this forum but can't find the solution to what would seem to me to be a simple issue (meaning it's assuredly my ignorance at play here...LOL): how to permanently set 'CTRLPED' (I use for volume pedal) globally to apply to ALL voices coming out of the NE6. As it stands right now, I have to manually use the [Shift]+[Octave Up] key to shift from 'SUSTPED' to 'CTRLPED' every time I change programs for each separate program/voice, which is a pain when performing, especially when switching voices quickly. It's not a problem when I'm using my preset programs because I can 'Save' or 'Save As' to retain 'CTRLPED' functioning, but I don't have many presets (only about 8 so far), so I'd like to find a way to apply the volume pedal globally to all the voices all the time.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

Hello, CTRL Ped is a per Program setting only on NE6, there is no Global parameter to assign it permanently, you have to enable it and Save in each Program.
Last edited by maxpiano on 01 Apr 2023, 04:36, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
Smokehouse
Smokehouse
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by Smokehouse »

Exactly as I suspected. Thanks SO much, MaxPiano!!