Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Fender Strat Guitar Samples

Postby jonson808 » 03 Apr 2023, 03:35

Various samples of a Fender Stratocaster
Attachments
Fender Gtr Harm..nsmp3
(4.63 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
Heavy Distortion.nsmp3
(2.86 MiB) Downloaded 146 times
Heavy Overdrive.nsmp3
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 142 times

The author jonson808 was thanked by 5 members, including:
guyd789branePolishPrinceSchorschWannitBBBad
jonson808

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2

Fender Strat Guitar Samples

Sponsor

Re: Fender Strat Guitar Samples

Postby PolishPrince » 05 Apr 2023, 09:20

Thanks. Looking forward to trying these out!
Ambassador At Large
Current Gear: NS3C,OB-X8, MatrixBrute, Polybrute, 1961 A100, 2 Vent 2s, Korg M1REX, Matrix-6, MicroFreak, TR-8S & Roland Ax-Edge for the ladies. Studio: A&H QU-16,MIO xl, Adam Audio A7X, & a Creation Station.
PolishPrince
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 05 Apr 2023, 13:56

Indeed, thank you for all of the samples you have been posting. Would you consider providing these in the NSMP format as well? Posting in that format makes your work available to thousands more Nord owners. All you need to do in the Nord Sample Editor 4 is select "Config" in the top menu and then change the default NSMP format to "NSMP 2". Here's a related post on posting NSMP samples unless Silent Zones or Loop with Fade Out is needed --> Post in NSMP.
Thank you!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 05 Apr 2023, 14:33, edited 4 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby guyd789 » 27 Feb 2024, 18:38

I was looking for a guitar sound like C.Santana (Europa). By mixing the "heavy distorsion" and "heavy overdrive" samples on my NS4, it's quite convincing. Thank you.
guyd789

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Postby ballardKeys » 01 Mar 2024, 08:07

I'm a newbie to the Stage 3 and really want guitar sounds to help my band. I've downloaded the samples from jonson808 (thank you very much) - and then pick on the samples on my synth and it sounds more like woodwinds versus a heavy distorion sound what could be I doing wrong. I was thinking I would just drag and drop the nsmp4 in my sample library - just not getting the sounds?
ballardKeys

Postby WannitBBBad » 01 Mar 2024, 14:31

ballardKeys wrote:I'm a newbie to the Stage 3 and really want guitar sounds to help my band. I've downloaded the samples from jonson808 (thank you very much) - and then pick on the samples on my synth and it sounds more like woodwinds versus a heavy distorion sound what could be I doing wrong. I was thinking I would just drag and drop the nsmp4 in my sample library - just not getting the sounds?

It's possible that you selected the sample using the OSC1 Waveform which kept all of the synth settings of whatever program you used rather than load the dynamic settings of the sample. You can try loading the sample using the sample list function which will load the dynamics of the sample. Note for older Stage 3s the sample list function is accessed by holding Shift while turning Synth Preset, selecting Samples by turning the OSC2 Pitch knob, then selecting the sample with the Synth Preset knob. While in Nord Sound Manager, you can also load the sample and dynamics (changes existing synth settings!) to the program you are using by double-clicking on the sample name in NSM. Good luck!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 01 Mar 2024, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby ballardKeys » 02 Mar 2024, 08:40

I have a Nord Stage 3 less than a year old. This time I set it to an empty program and double clicked the sample from the Nord Sound Manager and WALA - its much better! - thank you so much. The ShredFire samples sound really good but end at middle C and I'm assuming that intentional?. I'm not doing a split keyboard at the time. The Fender Gtr comes out at about 10% of the volume as the ShredFile samples and this with the Synth Level up all the way. My band wants me to help out with AC/DC - Girls Got Rhythm with "Dirty Guitar" so I'm trying to assemble more guitars sounds for this lil red box. Thanks Wannit!
ballardKeys

Postby WannitBBBad » 02 Mar 2024, 15:21

ballardKeys wrote:I have a Nord Stage 3 less than a year old. This time I set it to an empty program and double clicked the sample from the Nord Sound Manager and WALA - its much better! - thank you so much. The ShredFire samples sound really good but end at middle C and I'm assuming that intentional?. I'm not doing a split keyboard at the time. The Fender Gtr comes out at about 10% of the volume as the ShredFile samples and this with the Synth Level up all the way. My band wants me to help out with AC/DC - Girls Got Rhythm with "Dirty Guitar" so I'm trying to assemble more guitars sounds for this lil red box. Thanks Wannit!

I'm not familiar with the Shredfire samples but it sounds like they were designed to end at middle C, which you can shift up or down with the octave button. There's not a lot you can do for a sample created at a low level besides boosting it with the EQ section or recording some of the notes and creating your own sample with Nord Sample Editor. I sent you a PM with more info. Good luck!
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)