Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

Which sound for Lianna La Havas "What You Dont Do"?

Postby Midimaster » 28 Mar 2023, 08:46

Hi community...

Today I need your help in defining what I hear in this song at the beginning. And how to simulate this on my Electro 6?

Okay I hear a sound with a lot of Resonance and the Cutoff is moving... but what is the base sound? A string? A Pad? But I can also hear a peak like in a piano sound... I'm helpless.

Watch on youtube.com

Do you think I have a chance to get something similar on my ELECTRO 6?

At the moment I'm a little jealous, because I have at home a (cheap) ROLAND JUNO DS from a friend. And here I have an Knob, where I can adjust RESONANCE and CUTOFF in real time. This would be also an awsome feature for a coming NORD ELECTRO 7, or? I would like to have it as a fifth effect group, so I could manipulate PIANOs ORGANs and SYNTHIs in this direction.

This is a first try to simulate it with WahWha on Sound AbbaPad:
Attachments
Havas1.mp3
(318.38 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by Midimaster on 28 Mar 2023, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
Midimaster

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Which sound for Lianna La Havas "What You Dont Do"?

Sponsor

Re: Which sound for Lianna La Havas "What You Dont Do"?

Postby Mr_-G- » 28 Mar 2023, 18:50

You definitely need less resonance. To me it sounds like a LPF (and a bit of HPF as well), not a Wah effect.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Which sound for Lianna La Havas "What You Dont Do"?

Postby Midimaster » 28 Mar 2023, 22:24

Yes I know, that the WhaWha is completely wrong. But the NORD ELECTRO has no FILTERS or adjustable RESONANCE.

That's why I'm asking what also can be done to get a sound transforming like in the video...
Midimaster

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Programs