Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Nord electro 6D sound quality

Postby Pat-Electro » 28 Mar 2023, 09:25

Hi all ,

I just upgraded my Nord electro 5D to a Nord electro 6D all it's working but I have some doubts on sounds and volume .

First : playing Nord 5D and 6D connected to same Mixer the volume output L+R of nord 6D is low compared with Nord 5D with volume knob on both keybord and mixer in same position
Second : I feel that Nord 6D sounds are more "thiny" compared to Nord 5D , I don't hear the same "intensity" o power in sounds

I don't know if it is only my feeling or no (I hope I have not come back to nord 5D !)

Anyone who own a Nord 6D can help me in this doubt please ??

thank's a lot !

Patrick
Last edited by Pat-Electro on 28 Mar 2023, 09:26, edited 1 time in total.
Pat-Electro

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Nord electro 6D sound quality

Sponsor

Re: Nord electro 6D sound quality

Postby maurus » 28 Mar 2023, 10:53

In terms of sound alone I made a similar experience (and in the end I went back to the 5D for that reason). But of course sound is dependent on your entire audio chain and what may sound "thinner" in one chain may allow clearer and better sound in another chain, with suitable EQ...

However, in terms of pure functionality the 6 has substantial advantages which you might want or need. (But here, too, there are some limitations, mainly in MIDI capabilities which seem to be a little better on the 5.)
Last edited by maurus on 28 Mar 2023, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

The author maurus was thanked by:
Pat-Electro
maurus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Nord electro 6D sound quality

Postby Pat-Electro » 28 Mar 2023, 12:04

thank's Maurus but I think it is not a problem about Mixex EQ or channel, I tried in. different way and connection , the sound of 6D seems to be low and different from 5D and this it's a big surprise if confirmed ...in my mind I was thinking that it could be an hardware problem or similar of my nord 6D but if you confirm that you too have the feeling I'm worried !
Pat-Electro

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Forum