General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

An App to Convert Unlooped NSMP to NPNO

Postby WannitBBBad » 12 Dec 2020, 17:56

I love my Stage 3, but for some songs I find myself limited by the two synths when I don't necessarily need both pianos. I know an NSMP or NSMP3 file can't be used as an NPNO, but I would love it if Nord had an App that would convert an unlooped NSMP or NSMP3 file to a rudimentary NPNO file (perhaps all layers the same but with increasing audio level as an option). With no capability to tweak the sound except for perhaps the preset piano filters, it would be up to the User to create unlooped samples with the attack, decay, release, etc desired, but what a boost in options available to the programmer without relying upon MIDI or another keyboard!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 12 Dec 2020, 18:33, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
arba63
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

An App to Convert Unlooped NSMP to NPNO

Sponsor

Re: An App to Convert Unlooped NSMP to NPNO

Postby arba63 » 17 Mar 2023, 18:48

Agree.
I'd like to have Bass sample on B layer piano section.
Nord Stage 3
arba63

Postby WannitBBBad » 17 Mar 2023, 19:31

arba63 wrote:Agree.
I'd like to have Bass sample on B layer piano section.

I agree. Nord knows posting a bass would lead to endless requests for more, so letting us make what we want would be ideal.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby analogika » 17 Mar 2023, 22:59

Options:
Step 1: allow users to create multilayer sample formats as .npno files so as to make available an additional synth voice via bastardised piano slot.
Step 2: deny them the ability to actually use multiple sample layers.
Step 3: watch user base implode over discussion of WHHHHHYYYYYYYY the can’t create multilayer samples since the engine is there.

Optional Step 2: allow users to build multisample .npno files.
Then Step 3: watch user base implode over WHHHHHYYYYYYYY those can’t be made available to the synth engine.

While others point out that they’ve been able to build their own samples for the synth engine since the Stage 2, and they might get by trying to combine a bass there with whatever synth they need for the upper ranges.

OR:
Step 1: add an additional synth engine to the next model.
Done.

I wonder which option Nord would…oh.
Last edited by analogika on 17 Mar 2023, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 17 Mar 2023, 23:37

Haha, yes finally a solution with NS4, but it took over two years since this post. You're on target - it's hard for Nord to do anything for us without some customer base imploding.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 18 Mar 2023, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
analogika
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby Qagan » 18 Mar 2023, 00:25

At least there are multiple approaches for a multilayer solution, I think it's kind of justified to have an imploding user base for having NONE of a solution for this.
Last edited by Qagan on 18 Mar 2023, 00:29, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 4 88, Roland Fantom 6, Sequential Prophet Rev2, Moog Voyager, Slim Phatty, Nord Lead 3 (best lead ever!), Korg Wavestate, Vision Ears VE7 IEM
Qagan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby analogika » 18 Mar 2023, 11:10

Qagan wrote:At least there are multiple approaches for a multilayer solution, I think it's kind of justified to have an imploding user base for having NONE of a solution for this.

They’ve already solved it. Option 2 in my comment: add an extra synth layer to the synth engine in the next model.

That’s what they did.
Last edited by analogika on 18 Mar 2023, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
analogika

Postby Qagan » 18 Mar 2023, 13:31

analogika wrote:
Qagan wrote:At least there are multiple approaches for a multilayer solution, I think it's kind of justified to have an imploding user base for having NONE of a solution for this.

They’ve already solved it. Option 2 in my comment: add an extra synth layer to the synth engine in the next model.

That’s what they did.

Oh, I was thinking you were talking about multilayer samples. Yeah they did it, rudimentary and by taking a potential extern section.
I get what you're saying, there will always be people complaining me including :D , but man you gotta give it, nords also pushing their luck by taking away their features that wouldn't really have hurt to keep..

Don't mind me, It's just my gripe with them.
Nord Stage 4 88, Roland Fantom 6, Sequential Prophet Rev2, Moog Voyager, Slim Phatty, Nord Lead 3 (best lead ever!), Korg Wavestate, Vision Ears VE7 IEM
Qagan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Postby analogika » 18 Mar 2023, 13:56

Qagan wrote:I get what you're saying, there will always be people complaining me including :D , but man you gotta give it, nords also pushing their luck by taking away their features that wouldn't really have hurt to keep..

Don't mind me, It's just my gripe with them.

Heheh. You're supposed to see it as having the option for THREE extern sections or THREE synth sections, as opposed to the two of each you had before…

The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away… :angel:
analogika

Return to Nord Stage Forum