Post NSMP unless Silent Zones or Loop+Fade Out Needed

Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
United States of America

Re: Saving NSMP unless NSMP3/NSMP4 Needed

Post by WannitBBBad »

With the Piano 5 and Stage 4 keyboards now out using samples in the NSMP4 format, I thought it good to post this again to encourage Forum member to share their samples in NSMP format when possible. In Nord Sample Editor 4, all you need to do is go to Config and choose NSMP 2 as the output format. Based upon the current online guide for Nord Sample Editor 4, there are only two features that aren't supported by the NSMP format that are available in NSMP3 format that I noted in my first post. There isn't any mention of new features that have been added to the NSMP4 format (round-robin and enhanced vibrato) that can't be utilized if a NSMP file is converted to NSMP4 format with Nord Sound Manager. It would be very helpful if anyone with a Piano 5 or Stage 4 would create a sample in NSMP and NSMP4 format under different names, import both (NSM converting the NSMP file) into your keyboard, and let us know if there's any difference with those features. Take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 19 Jul 2023, 16:32, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author WannitBBBad for the post:
Mr_-G-
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
superbender
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand
Germany

Post by superbender »

My NS4C is here and I tried to built the first programs for some songs. For the song Boys of Summer I wanted to use these nsmp-files nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/nsmp ... 21153.html . As I tried to drag and drop the nsmp-Files into the nord sound manager 7.70 I got an error that the files are not correct. Is it possible to convert these files to nsmp4. Did I do something wrong?

P.S: I use the latest OS of the NS4C which is 0.98.
Last edited by superbender on 17 Mar 2023, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 4 Compact, Roland RD-2000
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
United States of America

Post by WannitBBBad »

superbender wrote:My NS4C is here and I tried to built the first programs for some songs. For the song Boys of Summer I wanted to use these nsmp-files nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/nsmp ... 21153.html . As I tried to drag and drop the nsmp-Files into the nord sound manager 7.70 I got an error that the files are not correct. Is it possible to convert these files to nsmp4. Did I do something wrong?

Interesting, I've gotten feedback that my NSMP files have loaded fine into a Piano 5 which also uses the NSMP4 format, but that would have been with the prior version of Nord Sound Manager. If all else fails, I'll create NSMP4 files, but try a few things first: make sure you have the Samples tab open in NSM, have NSM in Organize mode, have enough sample memory empty to accept the file, and try the options of a) drag-n-drop into any open location and b)importing the sample. It would be helpful if you can get a screenshot of the error message if you get it again. Bottom line, NSM should allow "user-created" samples to be imported and converted to NSMP4 format. It might be a bug with this latest version of NSM given it working fine with the Piano 5. Let me know how it goes, thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 17 Mar 2023, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.
superbender
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
superbender
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand
Germany

Post by superbender »

WannitBBBad wrote:
superbender wrote:My NS4C is here and I tried to built the first programs for some songs. For the song Boys of Summer I wanted to use these nsmp-files nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/nsmp ... 21153.html . As I tried to drag and drop the nsmp-Files into the nord sound manager 7.70 I got an error that the files are not correct. Is it possible to convert these files to nsmp4. Did I do something wrong?

Interesting, I've gotten feedback that my NSMP files have loaded fine into a Piano 5 which also uses the NSMP4 format, but that would have been with the prior version of Nord Sound Manager. If all else fails, I'll create NSMP4 files, but try a few things first: make sure you have the Samples tab open in NSM, have NSM in Organize mode, and try the options of a) drag-n-drop into any open location and b)importing the sample. It would be helpful if you can get a screenshot of the error message if you get it again. Bottom line, NSM should allow "user-created" samples to be imported and converted to NSMP4 format. It might be a bug with this latest version of NSM given it working fine with the Piano 5. Let me know how it goes, thanks for the feedback!
Thanks alot. I have tried a) and b). Beforehand I switched to the organize mode and opened the Samples tab. With a) I got the message "File extension for "DH_BoysOfSummerS_W" is ot suppored by this instrument" and "Please use a file of correct type, and try again.". With b) the explorer is not able to find nsmp-files. In this case you can only use nsmp3, nsmp4 files. I then tried to upload an nsmp3 file of a shakuhachi flut and it worked. I think the current version does not allow to import nsmp files into a nord stage 4.
Last edited by superbender on 17 Mar 2023, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 4 Compact, Roland RD-2000
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
United States of America

Post by WannitBBBad »

superbender wrote:Thanks alot. I have tried a) and b). Beforehand I switched to the organize mode and opened the Samples tab. With a) I got the message "File extension for "DH_BoysOfSummerS_W" is ot suppored by this instrument" and "Please use a file of correct type, and try again.". With b) the explorer is not able to find nsmp-files. In this case you can only use nsmp3, nsmp4 files. I then tried to upload an nsmp3 file of a shakuhachi flut and it worked. I think the current version does not allow to import nsmp files into a nord stage 4.
After your post I got help from forum member jackamoo who tested this successfully with his Piano 5, so I think it might be a problem with the code written for the NS4 in NSM v7.70. Here's the message I received regarding the Piano 5:

"I downloaded the file and imported it successfully using the Sound Down menu option. Also drag and drop worked. Both methods converted file. Nord Piano 5 OS v1.24 Sound Manager v7.70. Keys from B3 to E5 make sound after import/conversion."

I'll send you the file in NSMP4 format. Please contact Nord on their website to report the problem at https://www.nordkeyboards.com/support
Take care

UPDATE: Until Nord has updated NSM to be able to convert NSMP files to NSMP4 format, I've posted an "old" copy of the Nord Sample Converter HERE to allow you to convert a NSMP file to NSMP3 format, which in turn can be loaded to your NS4 with NSM converting it to NSMP4. Good luck!

UPDATE: Member mrgkeys has reported success loading user-created NSMP files in NSM v7.70 by renaming them NSMP3 as a workaround until the bug is fixed.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 18 Jul 2023, 16:06, edited 6 times in total.
superbender
cookie
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX
France

Re: Post NSMP unless Silent Zones or Loop/Fade Out Needed

Post by cookie »

Maybe I'm wrong but if I recall, eventhough I do select "NSMP" in the "Default NSMP format" in the option menu of NSE, if I connect my Stage 3, the exported sample will be nsmp3 format anyway. The only way to generate v2 nsmp is NOT to connect the keyboard. This could be an enhancement of NSE to force the saving in the format specified, despite the Stage 3 connected or not.

But still do agree that it would be nice to have all samples shared in nsmp (v2) format.

Fred
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
United States of America

Post by WannitBBBad »

cookie wrote:Maybe I'm wrong but if I recall, eventhough I do select "NSMP" in the "Default NSMP format" in the option menu of NSE, if I connect my Stage 3, the exported sample will be nsmp3 format anyway. The only way to generate v2 nsmp is NOT to connect the keyboard. This could be an enhancement of NSE to force the saving in the format specified, despite the Stage 3 connected or not.

But still do agree that it would be nice to have all samples shared in nsmp (v2) format.

Fred
True. No matter what you have set as the default NSMP format, NSE4 will change the NSMP default if it can communicate with your keyboard and determine a different format is needed. Most of my samples start with me opening up NSE4 while relaxing on my couch with my laptop and headphones :) It would be nice to be able to save a version in the format desired without having to disconnect the keyboard, however that's not needed if you open NSM first and then NSE4.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
United States of America

Post by WannitBBBad »

Hi everyone, if you are considering sharing your samples, please take the extra effort to also post them in NSMP format; it would be greatly appreciated by the forum members who can't use NSMP3 or NSMP4 samples. Thank you.

For NS4 owners: Until Nord has updated NSM to be able to convert NSMP files to NSMP4 format, I've posted an "old" copy of the Nord Sample Converter HERE to allow you to convert a NSMP file to NSMP3 format, which in turn can be loaded to your NS4 with NSM converting it to NSMP4. Take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 18 Jul 2023, 16:06, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author WannitBBBad for the post (total 3):
cookie, eisblau, catosim
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
United States of America

Re: Post NSMP unless Silent Zones or Loop+Fade Out Needed

Post by WannitBBBad »

The latest Nord Sound Manager v7.82 will now convert user-created NSMP files to NSMP4 format for the Stage 4. Take care.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 12 Jan 2024, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.