Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

newbie question problem with farfisa on electro 6d/ SM 7.66

Postby paulrgodwin » 16 Mar 2023, 04:43

hi friends,

the other night I used this site and sound manager 7.66 for first time on a new electro 6d and found the add'l farfisa sounds and got them to work and download into a new empty bank. now when I start up keyboard anything using those farfisa samples plays with no sound as if the samples that came with are no longer here. I've tried using download again etc. What have I done wrong?

it seems like the underlying sample for the farfisa, also in this case some of the "rock organs" that are avail from Nord, those underlying samples do not play in the new patches I have downloaded.
Thanks!
Last edited by paulrgodwin on 16 Mar 2023, 05:50, edited 2 times in total.
paulrgodwin

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

newbie question problem with farfisa on electro 6d/ SM 7.66

Sponsor

Re: newbie question problem with farfisa on electro 6d/ SM 7

Postby Tasten-Bert » 16 Mar 2023, 08:45

Hi Paul

and a very warm welcome to this wonderful forum of nord enthusiasts.

First thought is: those Farfisa and Vox presets are no samples, they are registrations within the organ section and saved as programmes. And why you can‘t hear them may have to do with output channel settings in your sound menu, that would be my first point to check.

Keep us informed, we‘re here to help you.

Cheers from Germany
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby maxpiano » 16 Mar 2023, 08:50

Tasten-Bert wrote:Hi Paul

and a very warm welcome to this wonderful forum of nord enthusiasts.

First thought is: those Farfisa and Vox presets are no samples, they are registrations within the organ section and saved as programmes. And why you can‘t hear them may have to do with output channel settings in your sound menu, that would be my first point to check.

Keep us informed, we‘re here to help you.

Cheers from Germany

As Paul said + check if CtrlPed is enabled on Organ section (do you use an expression pedal? If not that may be a reason and you have to deactivate it)
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby FZiegler » 16 Mar 2023, 11:19

Samples for the Electro 6 have the file ending *.nsmp3. It's also possible to use older samples with *.nsmp and get them converted on the fly through NSM. So if the files you downloaded from the forum had another ending, they will rather be programs or the like.

By standard, the farfisa sounds are built into the organ engine and only need a configuration like in a program or backup file. So your problem is rather not sample related - although it would theoretically be possible to have the sound poured into a sample, too.

If you are new to your Electro, it's always a good idea to read the manual and get used to the names used.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby alex78 » 16 Mar 2023, 21:59

What files exactly have you downloaded? If they are samples (nsmp file format) they should be placed in the sample memory of your instrument and then you have to save programs using those samples in the sample synth section. Since you have an electro there is no meaning using samples for this sound, those are static and lifeless in comparison with the emulation of the organ section. Those are a compromise for nord wave or nord piano that have no no organ engine.
Another stupid question: Have you disabled the memory protection? if not, any changes you make to existing programs will not be saved.
Last edited by alex78 on 16 Mar 2023, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
alex78
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby paulrgodwin » 17 Mar 2023, 01:44

You guys saved me!!! I have an awesome Pink Floyd DSOTM50 tribute gig on Saturday and was enjoying that Farfisa for stuff like Lucifer Sam (not what PF used there, but sounds brilliant!)

Thanks - it was that there was a pedal plugged into Control Pedal as I was starting to experiment with the RM. :yourock:
Attachments
Collective Floyd Theatre Ad REV 1.jpg
Collective Floyd Theatre Ad REV 1.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 1124 times
Last edited by paulrgodwin on 17 Mar 2023, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.
paulrgodwin

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Programs