Share your complete Nord Stage 3 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Sound on Abacab's special part

Postby Yannthekeys » 09 Feb 2023, 08:38

Hi folks,

i was wondering if anyone 's got a sample from the post interlude's part on Abacab . It's a kind of "chacha's " sound played like a bass line .It runs on a verse's part.

Thanks by advance
NS 3 HP76
Triton
DX7
Akai advance 49
Akai Max49 pro
Komplete kontrol 61 MK1
Komplete Kontrol 61 MK2
Studiologic SL Grand 88
Gig Performer 4
Yannthekeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Sound on Abacab's special part

Sponsor

Re: Sound on Abacab's special part

Postby PolishPrince » 09 Feb 2023, 10:50

I would suggest simply sampling the word "it's", and trim it up in Nord Sample Editor. You could assign it to a key and have the arpeggiator repeat it at desired tempo. Or, you could put an infinite delay on it and tweak the delay to the desired tempo.

I believe your talking about when the lyrics are "It's an illusion". If I'm mistaken, then disregard.
Ambassador At Large
Current Gear: NS3C,OB-X8, MatrixBrute, Polybrute, 1961 A100, 2 Vent 2s, Korg M1REX, Matrix-6, MicroFreak, TR-8S & Roland Ax-Edge for the ladies. Studio: A&H QU-16,MIO xl, Adam Audio A7X, & a Creation Station.
PolishPrince
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 09 Feb 2023, 15:12

PolishPrince wrote:I would suggest simply sampling the word "it's", and trim it up in Nord Sample Editor. You could assign it to a key and have the arpeggiator repeat it at desired tempo. Or, you could put an infinite delay on it and tweak the delay to the desired tempo.

Nice suggestion. A while back I put together a sound for that part and added it to the sample I made with the other synth sounds, but sampling the word "its" would sound better. In the sample I just have it on the C key to go along with the low note of the analog "organ" being played. The thread with the Stage 3 program and link to the sample are at
nord-stage-3-programs-ns3p-ns3pb-files-f32/looking-for-genesis-abacab-program-t21681.html?hilit=Abacab#p147668
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 09 Feb 2023, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...

The author WannitBBBad was thanked by:
PolishPrince
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby PolishPrince » 10 Feb 2023, 04:47

Abacab is in our bands "to learn" list. I used to play it as a teenager and I'm sure it won't take too long to figure out again. I've had your program on my NS3C for a while now, but haven't really gone over it. But, thank you for making this up. I'm sure I'll be using it soon enough. The demo sounds great.
Ambassador At Large
Current Gear: NS3C,OB-X8, MatrixBrute, Polybrute, 1961 A100, 2 Vent 2s, Korg M1REX, Matrix-6, MicroFreak, TR-8S & Roland Ax-Edge for the ladies. Studio: A&H QU-16,MIO xl, Adam Audio A7X, & a Creation Station.

The author PolishPrince was thanked by:
WannitBBBad
PolishPrince
Donator

Postby Yannthekeys » 10 Feb 2023, 07:20

Thanks for the answers folks !!!
NS 3 HP76
Triton
DX7
Akai advance 49
Akai Max49 pro
Komplete kontrol 61 MK1
Komplete Kontrol 61 MK2
Studiologic SL Grand 88
Gig Performer 4

The author Yannthekeys was thanked by:
PolishPrince
Yannthekeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Stage 3 Programs (*.ns3p files)