General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord pedal keys 27 with Stage 3

Postby ghrt73 » 03 Dec 2021, 18:46

Hello I am pretty new the forum so I apologize if this is redundant as I wasn't able to find a direct answer or work-around.

I recently upgraded my old NE2 to a Stage 3 73. I am primarily an organ player but wanted the Stage 3 flexibility. Sweetwater is telling me the PK27 cannot be used with the NS3 in a traditional way, as I would like an organ patch on organ section and an octave lower from the pedals. Does anyone use this setup?
Also if it would help, I would use my B-3x software instead or NS3 organ section (its much better anyway especially the Leslie), but I still need to know if I can support in being an octave lower on the foot pedals (PK27) using the NS3.

Thanks in advance for the help I'm sure someone out there is using his set up for organ!
ghrt73

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Nord pedal keys 27 with Stage 3

Sponsor

Re: Nord pedal keys 27 with Stage 3

Postby UliFritz » 05 Feb 2023, 16:09

Hello, one year later there is still the same Problem:
Nord Pedal Keys 27 with Stage 3
- how can we manage differnet Velocity ?
- how can the pedal play 1 or 2 Octave lower ?

Thank you ( sorry for my english )
UliFritz

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Nord pedal keys 27 with Stage 3

Postby catosim » 05 Feb 2023, 16:36

The organ doesn't handle velocity, the keys are simply on/off (just as on other organs).
I haven't got pedals to test this myself, but you could try using one slot for organ and one slot for organ with pedals.
The slot used with the pedals can be octave shifted, and splittet far to the left of the keyboard (second lowest E).
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum