Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Sound Manager

Postby dand05 » 03 Feb 2023, 18:36

Hi, new forum member here and owner of a newly-acquired Electro 3. I have a newbie question please:

I successfully did a factory restore of the 128 sounds. Now in Sound Manager I have four tabs: Piano (with several EP and grand sounds), Sample Lib (with several various string, vocal and other sounds), Program (containing my 128 factory sounds just downloaded) and Organ Presets (with several organ sounds for Jimmy Smith, Booker T etc.). I assume the information I am seeing in Sound Manager is pulling directly from the instrument via the USB connection.

Q: How do I now get files from Piano/Sample Lib/Organ Presets into my Program folder? I assume it will be necessary to delete some of the 128 files in the Program folder to accommodate this. Your expert help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan D
dand05

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Sound Manager

Sponsor

Re: Sound Manager

Postby FZiegler » 03 Feb 2023, 20:07

Even if you want to cook a tomato soup, a tomato won't be all you need. So a piano, a sample or an organ setting isn't a program. It's just different things.

You may use a piano, a sample or an organ setting as a base to create a program - but you will need to do that on the Electro itself and create a new program. The Sound Manager won't help in that case. It will only help to change pianos and samples or backup/restore programs once they are created.

As soon as the memory protect option is off, you may create and store programs on your Electro - but indeed, the Electro 3 has only 128 program places, so you'll need to backup some of the existing ones in order to be able to delete some and make space for your own creativity.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Sound Manager

Postby alex78 » 03 Feb 2023, 22:07

That is all the fun with nords, you are not restricted to certain sounds but you can arrange things to taste. You can even delete all samples and programs and start loading whatever you want and create your own programs if you wish.
From factory they come full, so you need to delete samples or overwrite programs you don't like in order to customize it. A good start would be to scroll through the programs with keyboard connected to sound manager and delete those that are definitelly of no use for you so that you free some space, keeping those you can potentially use as they are or with some tweaking. Then in a new empty program scroll through the samples and pianos tweaking some parametres and effects to see wich of them are usable and wich not, deleting the later. It may be time consuming but even for tomato soup you got to spend some time inorder to enjoy it!
alex78
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Electro Forum