Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

Re: My journey to acoustic

Postby JayDee » 17 Jan 2023, 05:11

Sincere condolences from Laurie and i on the passing of your Dad. He sounds like he was a great guy. We've lost ours, as well. Ave Atque Vale

The author JayDee was thanked by:
kirsty
JayDee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sponsor

Postby Tasten-Bert » 17 Jan 2023, 10:23

Dear Kirsty,

this is sad news and good news all at once, thank you for this impressive insight. The loss of your father, even if a while ago, will probably hurt forever. I am at the same age as your father was, and this is by far too early to leave … And I have a daughter that may be around your age - I can assure you that whatever makes you happy in the way you describe your new C6 touchings would be what I would wish for you. I‘d be glad for an opportunity to follow your way.

All the best.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20

The author Tasten-Bert was thanked by:
kirsty
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Spider » 17 Jan 2023, 11:40

Thanks for sharing such a personal insight, Kirsty.
I lost my father in 2014 and, while it's a void that will never be filled again, I must say that I think of him more than ever in all the little things that I know would have made him happy and proud.

So, enjoy your wonderful new instrument and don't be mired in sadness, but use it to live an even fuller and happier life!

The author Spider was thanked by:
kirsty
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby PScooter63 » 17 Jan 2023, 15:23

Kirsty, thank you so much for the bittersweet update. I'll be thinking of you and yours over the coming weeks.

And if I may - your daughter has not left music, which is far better than out-and-out abandonment. You planted those seeds, they're still growing. (I tried in vain to learn guitar a couple of decades ago - if I had to do it over again, I'd have given it a go far sooner!)
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby kirsty » 31 Jan 2023, 00:21

Thanks guys, I am fine, its been a while now, and you have no choice but to deal with these matters.

Love the C6, but yes its bittersweet :)
Interestingly I found certain parts of the Royal Grand 3D (S6) sound quite similar to some of the tones this C6 makes. Similar piano, makes sense I guess.

Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha C6 Grand

Gone but not forgotten
Young Chang G157 | Nord Electro 5HP | Nord Stage 3 HA88 | Roland RD-64 | Nord Stage 2 EX 76 | Yamaha CP4 | Nord Piano 2HP | Kurzweil Artis | Kurzweil SP4-8 | Roland HP507
kirsty

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Previous

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig