General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Issues after updatingOS

Postby keyclic » 22 Apr 2020, 16:25

After upgrading to the latest OS a number have programs have changed the way they sounded Not sure how to get them back without losing my custom programs
All electric pianos have no sound
Last edited by keyclic on 22 Apr 2020, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
keyclic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Issues after updatingOS

Sponsor

Re: Issues after updatingOS

Postby analogika » 22 Apr 2020, 19:58

Two ideas:

1.) are you sure you have the pianos routes to the outputs that you are listening from? This may have got changed...?

2.) if you’re listening through headphones, can you check if the adapter from 1/4“ to minijack plug is properly seated and works with other hardware? Sometimes these things go weird and short everything in the center to zero, killing all mono signals and leaving just the stereo bits in the headphones.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby waterbuffalo66 » 27 Jan 2023, 14:52

Roughly the same thing happened to me when I updated my Electra 6D to OS v2.62 yesterday. The problem became clearer while looking at the Program list in Sound Manager. Almost all of the instruments had been changed.

Most of my Hammond organ programs, for example, suddenly used one or another piano plus clav, or strings, or electronic piano, or etc. The organ itself still works fine, but it had been removed from almost every program and replaced by other instruments.

I've made a mental note to update the OS on days off only, so I have time to remedy any such issues without the risk of the board being unprepared for gigs or recording.
waterbuffalo66

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby Mr_-G- » 27 Jan 2023, 17:24

It is a good idea to make a full backup before attempting to do updates, but that being said, I have updated the OS in the NS2 every time there has been a new version out and it never changed any of the stored programs.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord Stage Forum