Piano library - new versions in instrument, not on website

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards.
cookie
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX
France

Re: Piano library - new versions in instrument, not on websi

Post by cookie »

The same applies for Nord Stage 2 sounds.
I didn't dig into the vanilla Stage2 backup (RevA), but went directly to the 2EX backups.
There are 2 backups, a standard (RevC) and one with the "Chinese Orchestra".
(perfect time to wish everyone a happy "rabbit" new year 2023 !)

The "Chinese" backup has sounds found in the "Chinese Orchestra" sound collection.
Only the Dizy v2.1 is in the backup, where only v2.0 is found on the online collection.

Then, there are v2.0 of string sounds in the Standard backup that are not on the online Sample Library : 22violins Leg_LoVib_ SR ste, 23 Violins NoVib__SR ste and SoftStrings Leg_LoVib_SR ste.
Funny enough for 22violins Leg_LoVib_SR ste, we have 3 versions : 2.0 in standard backup, 2.1 in Chinese backup and 2.2 online !

Uploading here the hidden files for reference (or users interested in saving few hunderd kilobytes).
Dizi_ChiOrch_PP 2.1.nsmp
Dizi version 2.1 not found in Sample Library (2.0)
(4.45 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
22violins Leg_LoVib_ SR ste 2.0.nsmp
22 Violins Legato LowVibrato version 2.0 not found in Sample Library (2.1)
(3.41 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
23 Violins NoVib__SR ste 2.0.nsmp
23 Violins NoVibrato version 2.0 not found in Sample Library (2.2)
(2.26 MiB) Downloaded 43 times
23 Violins NoVib__SR ste 2.1.nsmp
23 Violins NoVivbrato version 2.1 not found in Sample Library (2.2)
(2.11 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
SoftStrings Leg_LoVib_SR ste 2.0.nsmp
SoftStrings Legato LowVibrato version 2.0 not found in Sample Library (2.1)
(5.65 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
Fred

PS: @Florence, still giving you extra work to grab the new IDs :(
These users thanked the author cookie for the post:
Gambold
cookie
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2 EX
France

Post by cookie »

The backup v1.6 revA of the vanilla Stage 2, also has some specific sample versions (mainly named V4) : I let you check by yourself.

I'm updating here the V4 of the "22Violins" nsmp for reference. Seems the "22Violins" nsmp3 is named V3, wondering if it was converted from V2 found on the website...
22violins__ste SRv4.nsmp
22Violins found in the Stage 2 v1.6 revA backup
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
Filesize differences for this "22Violins" nsmp example puzzle me :
2.0 = 3,492 kb
2.1 = 3,361 kb
v4 = 2,991 kb
v3.0 (nsmp3 only) = 3,759 kb

Happy savings !

Fred
Last edited by cookie on 24 Jan 2023, 19:11, edited 2 times in total.
Gambold
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
United States of America

Post by Gambold »

Just more confusion about the Nord library as a whole.

My email asking about these inconsistencies, sent to the address to which I was directed by their office voice message, went ignored.

I did ask nicely. Oh I know, they "only" have 35-40 people working there, so customer service whatever.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Post by Schorsch »

Gambold wrote:Just more confusion about the Nord library as a whole.

My email asking about these inconsistencies, sent to the address to which I was directed by their office voice message, went ignored.

I did ask nicely. Oh I know, they "only" have 35-40 people working there, so customer service whatever.
They read here in this forum and knew who asked ….. just kidding mate :twisted:
Regards Schorsch

Check this awesome website to visualize NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, Uhl X4V-1, 2-manual HX3.4 organ made by Tastendoktor, SL88 Studio
Gambold
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
United States of America

Post by Gambold »

Hah, no, I used my real name...I don't think they answered FZiegler either, and he's a long-time customer and supporter.

My guess is this a very top-down company with almost no middle management to handle things like customer service when they start to sag. That "35-40 people" are likely two (aging) owners, a head bean counter, a small office staff that runs billing, ordering and secretarial, and then a couple dozen technicians for the shop. The website and maybe even the sampling* could well be outsourced. Sales are more or less built-in now, I doubt there is some gung-ho sales staff running around and hustling new markets.

In that kind of environment you don't get initiative or anyone saying "hey, our customer service is kind of stinky, " or "gosh, our sound libraries are a mess, we should clean them up." The kind of people who would be paid to notice and remedy things like that likely don't exist.

Gambold

*After all, while we've all seen the fabled Youtube tour of the factory, there have never been any photos, documentation, or even hints at how or where Clavia does their piano sampling, at least not to my knowledge. Are we to assume they have Grotrians and Steinways shipped to their address where they have some fabulous studio, and that there are people on staff who are masters of this craft? Or...is the sampling outsourced, maybe even to the continent or (gasp) the USA?
Last edited by Gambold on 25 Jan 2023, 01:05, edited 5 times in total.
Nord Electro 6D
Korg SV-2
Yamaha P22
IK Uno Synth
kirsty
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand
Great Britain

Post by kirsty »

Gambold wrote:Hah, no, I used my real name...I don't think they answered FZiegler either, and he's a long-time customer and supporter.

[/i]
You mean your real name isnt Gambold?? :o :lol:

Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha C6 Grand

Gone but not forgotten
Young Chang G157 | Nord Electro 5HP | Nord Stage 3 HA88 | Roland RD-64 | Nord Stage 2 EX 76 | Yamaha CP4 | Nord Piano 2HP | Kurzweil Artis | Kurzweil SP4-8 | Roland HP507
M1tsos
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand
Greece

Post by M1tsos »

Gambold wrote:Hah, no, I used my real name...I don't think they answered FZiegler either, and he's a long-time customer and supporter.

My guess is this a very top-down company with almost no middle management to handle things like customer service when they start to sag. That "35-40 people" are likely two (aging) owners, a head bean counter, a small office staff that runs billing, ordering and secretarial, and then a couple dozen technicians for the shop. The website and maybe even the sampling* could well be outsourced. Sales are more or less built-in now, I doubt there is some gung-ho sales staff running around and hustling new markets.

In that kind of environment you don't get initiative or anyone saying "hey, our customer service is kind of stinky, " or "gosh, our sound libraries are a mess, we should clean them up." The kind of people who would be paid to notice and remedy things like that likely don't exist.

Gambold

*After all, while we've all seen the fabled Youtube tour of the factory, there have never been any photos, documentation, or even hints at how or where Clavia does their piano sampling, at least not to my knowledge. Are we to assume they have Grotrians and Steinways shipped to their address where they have some fabulous studio, and that there are people on staff who are masters of this craft? Or...is the sampling outsourced, maybe even to the continent or (gasp) the USA?

At my POV i dont care where they sample… i care only if they are supportive to the products i buy from them..

As you already saw eveytime i need something i know the way to take fast my answer from them… but thats just me..

It’s frustrating that they dont answer directly and fast the emails..
FZiegler
Donator
Germany

Post by FZiegler »

What I expect from a business I'm able to esteem is
a) reading customer mail (unfortunately, you never know - unless you tend to read fellow forum messages);
b) take customer requests seriously while prioritising all the issues coming together every day (same thing as above);
c) react adequately;
d) giving a response in order to letting customers know about the status of their request.

I haven't got an answer yet on that message and won't probably ever. What I wrote was something like: 'There were hints given on NUF that you can find new versions of piano samples in the NP5 recovery package. I'm quite interested in some of them. I'll wait a few days until I contribute to a bigger website traffic through downloading that package.' Which was more of an alert than a request. So in my case, I don't see a necessity for part d) of the customer relations ladder.

Meanwhile, I checked for new versions on the website with a random sample, didn't see a change and found the time to download that package (~ 50 min.) so will be able to proceed as intended (mainly for the White Grand).

This is not what I take as frustrating. I'm more affected by lacking news about addressed (OS) bugs. But haven't asked directly yet.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
florence
Patch Creator
France

Post by florence »

agcohn wrote:
Spider wrote:For who's wondering how big the company is, Nord is about 35-40 people.
Yeah, in the grand scheme of things, Nord is a very small company. They're not like a Yamaha or Roland who might have a team of 35-40 people just working specifically in software design or R&D or marketing, etc.
Maybe this was already shared here, but this picture is from the Nord Product Catalog 2022 available on https://www.nordkeyboards.com.

So I guess it can be shared here... very small and proud team. :clap:
The Nord Crew with the brand new Nord Grand fresh from the assembly line.
The Nord Crew with the brand new Nord Grand fresh from the assembly line.
page24image59741680.png (951.66 KiB) Viewed 791 times
My free online tool to view Nord Stage programs https://ns3-program-viewer.glitch.me
FZiegler
Donator
Germany

Post by FZiegler »

Thanks, I didn't know such a catalog existed.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars