All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Wireless/Bluetooth Monitors

Postby Stigga1969 » 20 Jan 2023, 23:52

Hi All
N00b here so be kind.
I have a Nord Stage and some lovely KRK VXT6s through which i play the Nord. The VXTs have both balanced XLR and 1/4in TRS inputs. Have only used the jacks in the past.
Just moved house and have installed the VXTs on some book shelves in the living room. I need to try to connect the Nord to the monitors by wireless, so i dont have wires everywhere as my partner doesnt like wires. Behringer and alike have wireless guitar systems with 1/4 inch jacks for use on stage. Are there any similar inexpensive products that would be good for keyboard? I am keen to maintain a stereo output. BTW I am not that anal about the "quality" I play the keyboard for fun and dont record. Willing to sacrifice perfect sound for a wireless life.
Hope you can help as Google has been useless.
Stig
Stigga1969

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Wireless/Bluetooth Monitors

Sponsor

Re: Wireless/Bluetooth Monitors

Postby maxpiano » 21 Jan 2023, 10:21

Hello and welcome to NUF.

You can find a lot of BT or other type of wireless stereo audio transceivers for TV that would basically do the job, but quality aside you need to choose one with the lower latency possible, otherwise it will be from "unpleasant" to "impossible" to play.

Searching on Thomann for something more specific for musical instruments, I found this bundle that should fit your need https://www.thomann.de/gb/sirus_stereo_ ... bundle.htm
Last edited by maxpiano on 21 Jan 2023, 10:46, edited 4 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
Stigga1969
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby cgrafx » 21 Jan 2023, 10:34

bluetooth is inherently too high latency for live performance playing, but there are plenty of non-bluetooth options available to do remote audio. Look for stereo wireless in ear monitors or delay speaker wireless equipment.

something like these, but keeping in mind latency really needs to be under 10ms.
https://www.sweetwater.com/c996--Wirele ... lsrc=aw.ds
Last edited by cgrafx on 21 Jan 2023, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey

The author cgrafx was thanked by:
Stigga1969
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby docbop » 21 Jan 2023, 19:45

Promise to take your partner on a couple shopping trips to the nice malls in trade for letting you run some wires, Bluetooth has too much latency.

Buy the Nord monitors so they look like part of the keyboard and fit in with the decor of the room.

Update
Thought about getting a couple studio monitor stands and put one on each side of your Nord and place your monitors on the stands. That way with some good cable management you will barely see any wires.
Last edited by docbop on 21 Jan 2023, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
docbop

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby anotherscott » 21 Jan 2023, 21:25

Yes, as others have said, bluetooth still has too much latency. re: "Behringer and alike have wireless guitar systems with 1/4 inch jacks for use on stage. Are there any similar inexpensive products that would be good for keyboard?" The same kind of products work for keys, but more expensive since you want to run stereo. Something like the Boss WL-20L, but you'll need a pair of them for stereo.
anotherscott

Return to Accessories and Amplification