General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Layering two piano sounds

Postby Saeven » 19 Jan 2023, 21:07

Hey everyone!

Happy to have finally bought a Nord (Stage 3 Compact; I wanted the drawbars!) - it's got quite a learning curve compared to my other boards (Korg SV, Yamaha Motif, etc.) but I'm loving it so far.

One nut I haven't yet managed to crack, is the sequence of inputs to layer two sounds from the piano bank - for example to layer a Wurli with any grand. I've watched a few videos, perhaps I'm too remedial - but here's what I'm doing and I'm not successful:

* I click panels A and B simultaneously - this lights them both up, and panel B is blinking
* I tap panel A, and select a Wurlitzer sound with the "List" button in the Piano section
* I tap panel B (both panels are still lit, and now B is blinking) and try to select a second sound

That third step above seems to reset sounds across both panels. Layering an EP and a Piano is possible right?

Thanks for your guidance!
Saeven

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Layering two piano sounds

Sponsor

Re: Layering two piano sounds

Postby cphollis » 19 Jan 2023, 21:28

Try lighting one panel light at a time?
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Re: Layering two piano sounds

Postby FZiegler » 19 Jan 2023, 22:07

Everything is fine in your description. The only thing that matters is that you select the piano you want in the piano section, not with the program knob!

You have two piano engines, and you can combine whatever two sounds you want. You can easily select first both panel pianos independently and combine them afterwards with a simultaneous tap on the two panel buttons as well.
Last edited by FZiegler on 19 Jan 2023, 22:11, edited 2 times in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars

The author FZiegler was thanked by:
Saeven
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Stage Forum