New EV Everse8 Battery powered PA

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
wweiss

New EV Everse8 Battery powered PA

Post by wweiss »

This will not replace your QSC K8.2 or CP8, but if you need battery power this is a great choice. Most battery powered PA's are low powered. The Everse puts out 121db!

Unexpectedly Awesome
I was looking for keyboard gig/monitor solution for over a year and tried a lot of different products. Most were either too heavy, awkward to carry, lack of EQ controls, lousy sound - too bottom heavy, etc. I have two keyboards I use on a regular basis, so I wanted at least two inputs, and having a 3 band or better EQ was a requirement.

The Everse 8 has a nice little mobile app to manage EQ and other settings without having to go to the back of the speaker to manage settings in the little display with a knob. This thing puts out a very clear and strong sound without even tweaking the EQ. I tested organs with heavy bottom end along with various pianos that had great mid and high range clarity. Volume in the room was great. Of course it's not intended to be a large venue amp, but I'm adding a second unit to provide additional power plus ability to set up across wide stages so the other half of the band can hear me - and that 2nd unit can be controlled from the app if they want more or less volume from me.

At 17 pounds, these are amazing and easy to carry around for small gigs and easy to expand for larger ones. Easy to send signal to a house system too using XLR or 1/4".
Last edited by wweiss on 25 Dec 2022, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.
Rusty Mike
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Re: New EV Everse8 Battery powered PA

Post by Rusty Mike »

Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP