Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Nord piano 5 vs Nord piano 4

Postby NordDocZac » 20 Dec 2022, 23:19

M1tsos wrote:
NordDocZac wrote:Quick question that I haven’t been able to find anywhere-is the action on the Nord Piano 3/4/5 (which all share the same action) graded? I know Nord states they added weight to the action and added triple sensors beginning with the NP3, but I haven’t read it’s graded. I know the Nord Grand is not graded, so would be surprised if Nord used a graded action in the Nord Piano 5. I’m a bit confused on why Nord removed the grading from the Grand when the Kawai RHIII action it’s adapted from is graded, as in my MP7SE. It’s a very nice action. Also, as a side, wish Nord used the TP400 wood action in the Nord Piano 5. If or when that comes, I’ll trade my NP5 as I’ve heard nothing but great things about it.

No graded at any nord keyboard yet..

As for the wood keybed.. it would be a lot heavier and i think nord doesn’t want their keyboards to be over 21kg

Makes sense. The Numa X GT is 22kg (48.5lbs) so barely over that.

The grading doesn’t really matter to me. The difference is quite subtle on my MP7SE in any event.
NordDocZac

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Sponsor

Postby cphollis » 22 Dec 2022, 03:49

maxpiano wrote:
cphollis wrote:I have both the shorter NP5 as well as the full size NP4. The keyboard feel is noticeably different between the two, with the NP5 being a touch firmer and thus more satisfying for me to play. The actual keybeds may share model numbers, but they certainly do not play the same.

It is possible that a different type (L/M/H/GH) of TP40 has been used between the two, Nord does not publish that, but couldn't that be also because the NP5 is newer?

It's possible (new, tighter keybed vs looser, older one), but the weighting seems a tad heavier on the NP5, and it feels to be a firmer, more elastic bump stop at the bottom of key travel. But as everything with keybeds -- it's all largely subjective!
I think I have gear issues ....
cphollis

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum