Question about Piano5 and Mellotron sounds

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
natt_

Question about Piano5 and Mellotron sounds

Post by natt_ »

Hi all, I'm new here and I don't have a Nord keyboard yet, but I'm on the way!

I was looking for the Mellotron as I'm mostly making vintage melodies for music production, looking on reddit I came across a guy talking about Nord and its opportunity to have Mellotron/Chamberlin sounds in it. Since there I fell in love with Nord and all of them keyboards.
I couldn't find anything on internet that satisfies me but how many sounds from mellotron does Nord Piano 5 could have? On the website I saw that you can listen to 23 examples but the file to download weigh 1.3 GBs so I was wondering if in the final file there will be how many more sounds?

Thanks for your answers

natt
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Question about Piano5 and Mellotron sounds

Post by maxpiano »

Hello and welcome to NUF!

Well if you look at the specifications of NP5 you can see that it has "Approx. 1 GB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library " so that is the maximum amount of samples data that you can load in the keyboard at the same time ("how many samples" is not a question that can be answered, it depends on their total size)

So it is a matter of selecting what you need, then of course later you can delete and load different samples from the computer, using Nord Sound Manager, when the needs change.
Last edited by maxpiano on 07 Dec 2022, 15:51, edited 4 times in total.
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Question about Piano5 and Mellotron sounds

Post by FZiegler »

The sample synth engine of a Nord Piano, Stage or Electro (or one of the synths with sample capability) will take the Mellotron samples - either the ones provided by Nord themselves or created as user content.

Nord themselves have 2 accordion, 18 brass/wind, 5 guitar, 11 organ, 3 piano, 9 strings and 2 misc sounds in their Mellotron library. Plus some more from the Chamberlin. Plus different Master Tapes, even from bands like Roxy Music, Yes, Jack Bruce, Genesis, Tangerine Dream and BSabbath: Lead sounds, rhythms and fills.

As maxpiano pointed out: You won't probably be able to load them all at once - but you can select of course.
Last edited by FZiegler on 07 Dec 2022, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars