Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump

Don't Let Me Down/Beatles sound

Postby cs1997 » 12 Aug 2022, 23:04

Hi guys,

Seen a post with a patch for NS2 that unfortunately won't work on my electro 6. Does anybody have a patch or settings to share for Beatles - Don't Let Me Down? I might be being daft, I'm pretty sure it's a Rhodes but I can't quite get it right. Any help greatly appreciated :)

Ciaran
cs1997

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Don't Let Me Down/Beatles sound

Sponsor

Re: Don't Let Me Down/Beatles sound

Postby Schorsch » 12 Aug 2022, 23:09

Hi,

there is a program called Nord file viewer available (see the link in my signature) which lets you load the NS2 program and display all of its settings. By this you may try to re-create it on your Electro as close as possible.
Last edited by Schorsch on 12 Aug 2022, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by 2 members, including:
cs1997Elias
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby cs1997 » 04 Dec 2022, 21:30

Schorsch wrote:Hi,

there is a program called Nord file viewer available (see the link in my signature) which lets you load the NS2 program and display all of its settings. By this you may try to re-create it on your Electro as close as possible.

Hopefully you'll forgive my absurdly late reply. I cannot stress enough how helpful that website has been since getting my Electro and new Stage 3! Thank you sir!!

The author cs1997 was thanked by:
Schorsch
cs1997

Postby Schorsch » 04 Dec 2022, 23:25

cs1997 wrote:
Schorsch wrote:Hi,

Hopefully you'll forgive my absurdly late reply. I cannot stress enough how helpful that website has been since getting my Electro and new Stage 3! Thank you sir!!

You’re welcome - credits go to the user florence who created this awesome tool :thumbup:
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Postby docbop » 05 Dec 2022, 03:11

cs1997 wrote:Hi guys,

Seen a post with a patch for NS2 that unfortunately won't work on my electro 6. Does anybody have a patch or settings to share for Beatles - Don't Let Me Down? I might be being daft, I'm pretty sure it's a Rhodes but I can't quite get it right. Any help greatly appreciated :)

Ciaran

Sounds like a Whurlitzer with a lot of reverb, especially if you listen the version of the tune from Beatles "Let It Be Naked" that was a remix. Many didn't like the Phil Spector mix of the original Let It Be so the Naked remix was done later. Nord's Whurlitzer sample to me leaves a lot to be desired but they will give you a place to start.
docbop

Postby peyton grant » 05 Dec 2022, 05:14

If you use a rhodes and run it rhough a twin amp to give it some crunch, you can adjust the level and patch until you get the right sound out of it
peyton grant

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 2

Postby horowizard » 15 Jun 2023, 15:38

Use the Sparkle Top Vintage '67 Rhodes which is what Billy Preston is playing on the Rooftop.
He's using a Suitcase Model with built-in speakers so use some Twin style Amp modeling, play with the EQ a lot, add a slight Delay and some open sounding Reverb.
Make sure your play the part just the way Billy did and good luck!

The author horowizard was thanked by:
zippo
horowizard
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Programs