All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Re: Boss FV-500L not working properly with Stage

Postby maxpiano » 01 Dec 2022, 15:16

Winds wrote:
PScooter63 wrote:For what it’s worth, I’ve had one of these for nearly a decade with no Nord compatibility issues… first with my Electro 4, then with my Stage 3. It’s been faultless.
But because of its bulk, it stays at the church (where it also works with a Kurzweil). I went to an EV-30 in my gigging backpack, for its compact size.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I believe I have my Nords set to “Fatar” for both of these… precisely because it was compatible out-of-the-box with the Kurzweil, whose expression pedals were Fatar OEM.

Are you using a TS or TRS cable? And the jacks are placed in what inputs?

If you read the whole thread it has been already explained, you need to use a TRS cable connected between the Exp out of the FV500L and the CtrlPed (or SwellPed) input of the Stage.
Last edited by maxpiano on 01 Dec 2022, 15:16, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby Winds » 01 Dec 2022, 15:20

maxpiano wrote:
Winds wrote:
PScooter63 wrote:For what it’s worth, I’ve had one of these for nearly a decade with no Nord compatibility issues… first with my Electro 4, then with my Stage 3. It’s been faultless.
But because of its bulk, it stays at the church (where it also works with a Kurzweil). I went to an EV-30 in my gigging backpack, for its compact size.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I believe I have my Nords set to “Fatar” for both of these… precisely because it was compatible out-of-the-box with the Kurzweil, whose expression pedals were Fatar OEM.

Are you using a TS or TRS cable? And the jacks are placed in what inputs?

If you read the whole thread it has been already explained, you need to use a TRS cable connected between the Exp out of the FV500L and the CtrlPed (or SwellPed) input of the Stage.

I did but it didn't seem too clear to me. Thanks for sharing the connections in a quick statement. I guess for now I have to assume my cable could be faulty (even if never used) and I will try to use a different cable.
Last edited by Winds on 01 Dec 2022, 15:22, edited 2 times in total.
Winds

Location: that somewhat lesser known country on Borneo Island near to Singapore

Postby maxpiano » 01 Dec 2022, 15:24

Winds wrote:
maxpiano wrote:

I did but it didn't seem too clear to me. Thanks for sharing the connections in a quick statement. I guess for now I have to assume my cable could be faulty (even if never used) and I will try to use a different cable.

You're welcome, actually the FV500L manual shows this clearly as well https://static.roland.com/assets/media/ ... 00L_OM.pdf
Last edited by maxpiano on 01 Dec 2022, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby PScooter63 » 01 Dec 2022, 15:40

Cable issues aside (everyone here has it right, TRS into EXP), I can't stress enough that you must use the Fatar setting on your Nord with this pedal. It will NOT work if it is set to Roland. Try that before you blow needless money on another cord.
Last edited by PScooter63 on 01 Dec 2022, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby Winds » 01 Dec 2022, 18:08

PScooter63 wrote:Cable issues aside (everyone here has it right, TRS into EXP), I can't stress enough that you must use the Fatar setting on your Nord with this pedal. It will NOT work if it is set to Roland. Try that before you blow needless money on another cord.

Yup I tried the fatar setting..but didn't seem to work :(
Winds

Postby Tasten-Bert » 01 Dec 2022, 18:23

Deleted, sorry, but I was on the wrong way.
Cheers from Germany
Last edited by Tasten-Bert on 01 Dec 2022, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |

... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
Tasten-Bert
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Winds » 12 Dec 2022, 07:44

So I finally bought another TRS cable and it works!! Thank you to all that replied!

It seems possible that my previous cable may be faulty (what a joke and it's never been used) but just for confirmation I will bring it to a shop to have it tested.

Additionally this pedal feels way too weighted so will definitely try to lighten it and hopefully it would feel better :lol:
Winds

Previous

Return to Accessories and Amplification