General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), and Nord Stage 3 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Nord Stage 4

Postby agcohn » 23 Nov 2022, 05:27

I somehow doubt that they would change the Stage models that much due to their current popularity, unless they're just introducing another variant of the Stage with a better keyboard. I think it would be more likely that they would be creating a new model of the Grand, like a "Grand Stage" or something (if that wouldn't be too close in name to Korg's Grandstage keyboard).
agcohn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Sponsor

Postby M1tsos » 23 Nov 2022, 17:41

docbop wrote:
mozart999uk wrote:
M1tsos wrote:
I doubt it will be lighter than stage 3.. we are talking for 88 keys right??

Yeah that's right the 88 note. I was hoping they might use some funky lightweight material somewhere to shave off a few pounds :-)

Shaving the weight will change the feel of the keybed to a more non-acoustic feel. All the acoustic like keyboards from all brands weight about the same, the top end Kawai weight even more.

I agree on that my kawai mp11se is 34kg and it feels like a real grand piano…
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby M1tsos » 23 Nov 2022, 17:44

agcohn wrote:I somehow doubt that they would change the Stage models that much due to their current popularity, unless they're just introducing another variant of the Stage with a better keyboard. I think it would be more likely that they would be creating a new model of the Grand, like a "Grand Stage" or something (if that wouldn't be too close in name to Korg's Grandstage keyboard).

For me as i told to clavia nord technician when I spoke on phone with him i would be extremely happy and satisfied with a mixed nord grand and stage 3 engines.. or a stage 3 88 with the kawai keybed from nord grand…

If they create something like that i will definitely buy it and sell everything else
M1tsos

Postby neomad » 23 Nov 2022, 20:20

Unless there is a real change in product design / capabilities, I do not believe to buy a Nord Stage ever again. My NS3 does almost everything I need, even though has limited synth capabilities (yet sounding great), limited midi implementation, only 2 synth panels, no audio in (with proper connectors), no proper song mode implementation (just a link to an existing program), etc. etc. I would be moving to another brand (if I need to choose one, nowadays, I would go for a Fantom without any hesitation)
Current Keyboard Rig: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha Montage 7wh, Yamaha YC61, Alesis Fusion 6HD. Yamaha babygrand Piano. Extra sounds Ipad with AUM and plenty of synth apps + onsong pro
neomad

Postby mozart999uk » 24 Nov 2022, 15:48

M1tsos wrote:
agcohn wrote:I somehow doubt that they would change the Stage models that much due to their current popularity, unless they're just introducing another variant of the Stage with a better keyboard. I think it would be more likely that they would be creating a new model of the Grand, like a "Grand Stage" or something (if that wouldn't be too close in name to Korg's Grandstage keyboard).

For me as i told to clavia nord technician when I spoke on phone with him i would be extremely happy and satisfied with a mixed nord grand and stage 3 engines.. or a stage 3 88 with the kawai keybed from nord grand…

If they create something like that i will definitely buy it and sell everything else

Did he/she hint as to whether that might happen?
mozart999uk

Postby M1tsos » 24 Nov 2022, 18:50

mozart999uk wrote:
M1tsos wrote:

Did he/she hint as to whether that might happen?

He said just wait around 6 months and you will be very satisfied from the result. I warranty that you will be happy and satisfied from the result… this conversation was at augoust.. so i guess 6 months is february-march
M1tsos

Postby docbop » 24 Nov 2022, 19:03

M1tsos wrote:He said just wait around 6 months and you will be very satisfied from the result. I warranty that you will be happy and satisfied from the result… this conversation was at august.. so i guess 6 months is february-march

That will be just before NAMM 2023 so that would make sense.
docbop

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum