General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Nord Stage 4

Postby M1tsos » 22 Nov 2022, 08:04

docbop wrote:
tolgaege wrote:does the new Nord Stage 4 will combine Nord wave 2 on the synth section. Any rumors about release date??

The NAMM Show is I think April 2023 so maybe they will announce new models then.

They will announce the new model before namm so that they can let people know that they will have it there for demo

I believe march they will upload a video of it
Last edited by M1tsos on 22 Nov 2022, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Sponsor

Postby mozart999uk » 22 Nov 2022, 13:25

M1tsos wrote:
mozart999uk wrote:Enjoying reading the comments and speculations. If the Stage 4 88 has a new triple sensor key bed do you think it will be heavier (weight not feel) overall? I had read that the kawai key bed systems can be a bit heavy

I dont think it will be more than 21kg..

Time soon is coming for the next clavia nord instrument just around 3 months left

Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping it'll be a bit lighter than the Stage 3. My back isn't what it used to be .
mozart999uk

Postby M1tsos » 22 Nov 2022, 18:30

mozart999uk wrote:
M1tsos wrote:
mozart999uk wrote:Enjoying reading the comments and speculations. If the Stage 4 88 has a new triple sensor key bed do you think it will be heavier (weight not feel) overall? I had read that the kawai key bed systems can be a bit heavy

I dont think it will be more than 21kg..

Time soon is coming for the next clavia nord instrument just around 3 months left

Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping it'll be a bit lighter than the Stage 3. My back isn't what it used to be .

I doubt it will be lighter than stage 3.. we are talking for 88 keys right??
M1tsos

Postby mozart999uk » 22 Nov 2022, 21:06

M1tsos wrote:

Yeah that's right the 88 note. I was hoping they might use some funky lightweight material somewhere to shave off a few pounds :-)
mozart999uk

Postby docbop » 23 Nov 2022, 03:50

mozart999uk wrote:
M1tsos wrote:

Yeah that's right the 88 note. I was hoping they might use some funky lightweight material somewhere to shave off a few pounds :-)

Shaving the weight will change the feel of the keybed to a more non-acoustic feel. All the acoustic like keyboards from all brands weight about the same, the top end Kawai weight even more.
docbop

Postby agcohn » 23 Nov 2022, 05:27

I somehow doubt that they would change the Stage models that much due to their current popularity, unless they're just introducing another variant of the Stage with a better keyboard. I think it would be more likely that they would be creating a new model of the Grand, like a "Grand Stage" or something (if that wouldn't be too close in name to Korg's Grandstage keyboard).
agcohn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Postby M1tsos » 23 Nov 2022, 17:41

docbop wrote:
mozart999uk wrote:
M1tsos wrote:

Shaving the weight will change the feel of the keybed to a more non-acoustic feel. All the acoustic like keyboards from all brands weight about the same, the top end Kawai weight even more.

I agree on that my kawai mp11se is 34kg and it feels like a real grand piano…
M1tsos

Postby M1tsos » 23 Nov 2022, 17:44

agcohn wrote:I somehow doubt that they would change the Stage models that much due to their current popularity, unless they're just introducing another variant of the Stage with a better keyboard. I think it would be more likely that they would be creating a new model of the Grand, like a "Grand Stage" or something (if that wouldn't be too close in name to Korg's Grandstage keyboard).

For me as i told to clavia nord technician when I spoke on phone with him i would be extremely happy and satisfied with a mixed nord grand and stage 3 engines.. or a stage 3 88 with the kawai keybed from nord grand…

If they create something like that i will definitely buy it and sell everything else
M1tsos

Postby neomad » 23 Nov 2022, 20:20

Unless there is a real change in product design / capabilities, I do not believe to buy a Nord Stage ever again. My NS3 does almost everything I need, even though has limited synth capabilities (yet sounding great), limited midi implementation, only 2 synth panels, no audio in (with proper connectors), no proper song mode implementation (just a link to an existing program), etc. etc. I would be moving to another brand (if I need to choose one, nowadays, I would go for a Fantom without any hesitation)
Current Keyboard Rig: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha Montage 7wh, Yamaha YC61, Alesis Fusion 6HD. Yamaha babygrand Piano. Extra sounds Ipad with AUM and plenty of synth apps + onsong pro
neomad

Postby mozart999uk » 24 Nov 2022, 15:48

M1tsos wrote:
agcohn wrote:I somehow doubt that they would change the Stage models that much due to their current popularity, unless they're just introducing another variant of the Stage with a better keyboard. I think it would be more likely that they would be creating a new model of the Grand, like a "Grand Stage" or something (if that wouldn't be too close in name to Korg's Grandstage keyboard).

For me as i told to clavia nord technician when I spoke on phone with him i would be extremely happy and satisfied with a mixed nord grand and stage 3 engines.. or a stage 3 88 with the kawai keybed from nord grand…

If they create something like that i will definitely buy it and sell everything else

Did he/she hint as to whether that might happen?
mozart999uk

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum