Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Electro 7 - let it happen!

Postby analogika » 30 Oct 2022, 23:58

EstebanSugarhill wrote:The 5 didn’t have the clav filters the 2 did. The 6 brought those back, so that’s cool. But now the mellotron library is scant compared to what’s still available for the 5.

The entire sample library that's available for the 5 works fine for the 6. v2 samples are automatically converted to v3 as they're transferred onto the machine.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
EstebanSugarhill
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby EstebanSugarhill » 31 Oct 2022, 00:26

analogika wrote:
EstebanSugarhill wrote:The 5 didn’t have the clav filters the 2 did. The 6 brought those back, so that’s cool. But now the mellotron library is scant compared to what’s still available for the 5.

The entire sample library that's available for the 5 works fine for the 6. v2 samples are automatically converted to v3 as they're transferred onto the machine.

I hope you’re right, but when I go the sample library and it says “choose your instrument,” and I choose Electro 6 from the drop down menu, there are only a handful of mellotron samples.

When I click on “sample archive,” which is where I assume the older samples are, it says the archive is compatible with Electro 3/4/5, but not 6.

Am I missing something?
EstebanSugarhill

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby EstebanSugarhill » 31 Oct 2022, 04:03

analogika wrote:

Update: Thanks, it worked! I was wondering why more people weren’t complaining about that.
EstebanSugarhill

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Huwgqreth » 12 Dec 2022, 04:40

I have a 6d and would upgrade if they made the eq global. I want to be able to eq for the environment I am in and then switch programs. The only other thing I’d like is a 76/88 key piano action matching controller keyboard with flat top big enough to put electro on. I have a Yamaha cp300 which fits the bill but weighs over 100lbs in its case.
Huwgqreth

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C1

Postby Jtocci » 08 May 2023, 15:06

I share Sonicblue's passion (per his posts of early October 2022) and request for memory, keybed, OLED screen and other features that wouldn't hurt Stage sales. My wish list would include pitch and mod wheels and clean up effects/volume pedal function on remote keyboards/controllers. Right now the sustain pedal works fine remotely on both the piano and synth engtines but volume pedal does not. Also allow use of non-nord foot pedals and ability to send from all three engines.
Jtocci

Postby JeffLearman » 08 May 2023, 19:32

My suggestions for Electo 7:

- support for multiple velocity layers in user samples
- provide more than 4 buttons that can change to a new program in one click. 8 would be great, but 6 would still be a big improvement. Yeah, I see there's a screen real-estate issue, but it's solvable.

I use the drawbars version, and the action is ideal for me (I have another keyboard for piano action.) If there's consensus on what would be the best keyboard for the HP version, then I'd also go along with that. And of course, more memory is always appreciated. The 6 has plenty for my purposes, but the Electro is a second tier for me, or by itself for short gigs and most rehearsals, where I don't really need the whole kit.
Last edited by JeffLearman on 08 May 2023, 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
JeffLearman

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Postby busterkeys » 18 May 2023, 21:43

here's what the electro 7 will add - LEDs for the drawbars, 4.0 samples, booth/cathedral reverb, mono/unison/glide mode for samples, 2 layers for samples and pianos. and they'll probably ditch the hideous hp keybed and go with the one they use in the piano 73.
Nord Electro 6
Nord Wave 2
Nord Lead A1
Nord Organ C2
Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha Motif XS6
Korg Kronos X 73
DSI REV2
busterkeys

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby NoDirection » 22 May 2023, 10:46

>>> ditch the hideous hp keybed and go with the one they use in the piano 73

A better keybed is also my "Electro 7" wish nr 1. But dont you think that the piano 73 keybed is a little on the heavy side? - both on total weight of keyboard, and for playing organ ?
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Nord Electro 6 HP, Yamaha Montage 6
NoDirection
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Rusty Mike » 22 May 2023, 18:17

NoDirection wrote:>>> ditch the hideous hp keybed and go with the one they use in the piano 73

A better keybed is also my "Electro 7" wish nr 1. But dont you think that the piano 73 keybed is a little on the heavy side? - both on total weight of keyboard, and for playing organ ?

The new Fatar TP110 is better feeling/playing than the old TP100 at the same weight. Hopefully Nord will upgrade the action on the next generation Electro HP. We can hope.
Last edited by Rusty Mike on 22 May 2023, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Postby busterkeys » 24 May 2023, 01:07

NoDirection wrote:>>> ditch the hideous hp keybed and go with the one they use in the piano 73

heavy, yes - that's just part of the deal when they put lead counter weights in. I would guess most of the people who would buy the piano key version would not be using it mainly for organ sounds, but mainly for piano.
Nord Electro 6
Nord Wave 2
Nord Lead A1
Nord Organ C2
Nord Piano 5 73
Yamaha Motif XS6
Korg Kronos X 73
DSI REV2
busterkeys

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

PreviousNext