General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Any way to see a NS3's total uptime?

Postby msomm » 27 Oct 2022, 04:49

Hi, new to these forums so hello.
I'm looking at getting a Stage 3 from a retail store that was an open box. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to see the keyboard's total runtime (uptime in nerdy Linux speak).. to see how new it actually was. know it may be a longshot but assumed there was machine specs beyond what the onboard display shows somewhere. Thanks!
msomm

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Any way to see a NS3's total uptime?

Sponsor

Re: Any way to see a NS3's total uptime?

Postby cgrafx » 27 Oct 2022, 07:12

Uptime has no meaningful value in the context of a keyboard as new as a stage 3. As long as everything is functioning, the number of hours its been on will have no relevant or meaningful relationship to the expected long term reliability of the keyboard.
Last edited by cgrafx on 27 Oct 2022, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey

The author cgrafx was thanked by 2 members, including:
DJKeysTracii
cgrafx

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby maxpiano » 27 Oct 2022, 09:47

cgrafx wrote:Uptime has no meaningful value in the context of a keyboard as new as a stage 3. As long as everything is functioning, the number of hours its been on will have no relevant or meaningful relationship to the expected long term reliability of the keyboard.

Agree and anyway even knowing the uptime, it could not be the only parameter to evaluate the status of an used keyboard; a synth never played or just for a few hours/days, but improperly stored (e.g. in a humid or dusty place) or used ("heavy hands" :D ) may be fantastic from an uptime point of view but... :roll:
Last edited by maxpiano on 27 Oct 2022, 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby msomm » 27 Oct 2022, 21:05

Thank you for the info and suggestions - all good advice. I was mostly curious about "uptime" as I was being told the box was only opened previously for someone to test out the keybed differences between models for a couple of minutes. No real reason to dis-believe them but I figured if it had a low uptime then it was far less likely I was getting sold a return or display model that could have come with a discount. It looked in really good shape otherwise, so hoping to join this group more officially here in the next couple of days. Thanks all
msomm

Return to Nord Stage Forum