Share your complete Nord Stage programs/patches for the Nord Stage CLASSIC and EX!
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Patch request for: Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh)

Postby reggoboy » 15 Oct 2022, 02:02

Hi everyone!

I need to figure out this one. Particularly, the wonky synth patch during the bridge, which you can hear in the left channel here:

https://youtu.be/4Fz-mHGXgzs?t=186

Don't confuse it with the talk box in the right channel.

Besides the straight up bass guitar, there's a left hand synth doing some "bass work" and there's the right hand synth doing some bluesy grooves.

1) are both hands using the same patch?
2) anyone want to take a stab at making that patch, or suggesting how I can do it?

I have an NS2, but I think if you give me an NS3 patch I'll be able to inspect it with the Viewer and port it over...

Thanks!!
reggoboy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Patch request for: Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh)

Sponsor

Re: Patch request for: Rocky Mountain Way (Joe Walsh)

Postby harmonizer » 16 Oct 2022, 18:43

Sorry in advance for not answering your specific question: When we covered this, I just used a clav patch in the left hand, which adds crunch without sounding like an electric bass note. Part of this is philosophy: as a keys player I don't like to get into the bass player's space with my left hand playing, and since our covers band has a solid bass player that makes my desire to stay out of his way a strong one. When we covered this, I did not even play bass notes (using my Electro's clav patch) for the whole song. Instead I only added it for those places in the song where I wanted to effectively press the "More" button. I guess the direction you take might depend on to what degree you like how your bassist plays.
harmonizer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord Stage Classic/EX Programs (*.nspg files)