Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 6d volume pedal for organ

Postby Pedda » 15 Oct 2022, 11:40

Hello, everyone.
I am new to the forum and getting to know my Electro 6d. I would like to add to the piano sound an organ sound by volume pedal. How do I connect the pedal respectively how do I use the control pedal input?
I have two pedals available: a KORG KVP-001 and a BOSS FV-300L.
Thank you in advance for your tips!
Pedda
Pedda

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Electro 6d volume pedal for organ

Sponsor

Re: Electro 6d volume pedal for organ

Postby maxpiano » 15 Oct 2022, 11:50

Hi and welcome to NUF

The two pedals you mention are volume pedal, intended for analog audio signals, while for keyboards like NE6D you need an Expression pedal (see NE6D manual for recommended/supported models like Yamaha FC7 or Roland Ev5)

Nevertheless also a volume pedal can be adapted to be used as an expression pedal, in some cases, depending on type and value of its pot (expression pedals typically are 10-40 KOhm linear, volume pedals may be logarithmic and different values); to do that you need Y cable (2x mono jacks -> 1 stereo jack, you will connect the stereo side to the NE6D CtrlPedal input and the 2 mono jacks 1 to the Input and the other to the Output of the volume pedal (you may need to try which combination works i.e. swap teh 2 mono jacks until it works).

Having said that, since even a cheap Maudio EX-P expression pedal works with NE6D, unless you already have a Y cable to try with your pedals I would consider buying a specific expression pedal.

EDIT: I found the manual of FV300L and actually with a stereo (TRS) jack cable you can use it as Expression pedal, so to use it with NE6D you just need a stereo jack connected between its EXP1 output and NE6D CtrlPedal input. https://www.zikinf.com/manuels/boss-fv- ... -44086.pdf :thumbup:

To learn settings related to CtrlPedal input refer to NE6D manual (System menu + how to enable it on Piano/synth section and FX1, Organ uses it by default).
Last edited by maxpiano on 15 Oct 2022, 12:04, edited 6 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Electro 6d volume pedal for organ

Postby Pedda » 15 Oct 2022, 13:14

This was pretty easy! It works!
Thank you very much, maxpiano!
Pedda

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Return to Nord Electro Forum