This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: And so, October…

Postby StrangeAeons » 04 Oct 2022, 09:48

If it's come down to a wishlist, then I'd love a new dual-manual clonewheel (that is a Nord C3) or even just a second manual add-on for the Electro (like Crumar's). Anyway, that Nord will release a new Stage in the next months, or by the end of 2023 at the latest, is a foregone conclusion: if it weren't for the pandemic and the recent chip shortage, they would've probably already released it. Still, there isn't much they can do to significantly improve the Stage at this point in time, aside from a better keybed and more memory: either they've been preparing something big or we'll just see a minor upgrade (a 3 EX, which would be perfectly fine).

That said, I really wish Nord changed their marketing strategy: even smaller companies such as Crumar manage to tease their audience with new products and software updates from time to time; the usual train of endless jazz(y) videos has gotten old, really old. The Sample Library 4, improvements to the B3 and Leslie simulations, a C2D successor, a Nord Lead 5, XL samples of both older pianos and the four EPs they left out, more settings for the current instruments lineup and so on. There's a lot to tease, discuss and test the waters with. Sometimes they feel way too distant, especially concerning customer feedback and requests.
Last edited by StrangeAeons on 05 Oct 2022, 16:42, edited 1 time in total.
StrangeAeons
Patch Creator

Sponsor

Postby sonicblue » 04 Oct 2022, 09:57

Especially that competition never sleeps. Let's take the Studiologic Numa X pianos. Such a modern product outperforming Nord current lineup in many aspects and... half the price!
sonicblue

Postby maxpiano » 04 Oct 2022, 12:25

sonicblue wrote:Especially that competition never sleeps. Let's take the Studiologic Numa X pianos. Such a modern product outperforming Nord current lineup in many aspects and... half the price!

Though a very good product I don't see Numa X Piano as a competitor of all Nord products, to be honest; first of all because it lacks a modeled Organ engine (so this cuts it out of comparison with Nord Electro/Stage) and also a VA (as the Stage has); if you compare it to the Nord Piano family instead I agree, it is a competitor.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby sonicblue » 04 Oct 2022, 14:40

Yes sure, you're right, like I wrote it outperformes Nords in many aspects but of course not all and not all of them. But looking at technology implemented in Numa and it's price it looks like Clavia should really do something about it...
Last edited by sonicblue on 04 Oct 2022, 20:09, edited 2 times in total.
sonicblue

Postby docbop » 04 Oct 2022, 19:39

sonicblue wrote:Especially that competition never sleeps. Let's take the Studiologic Numa X pianos. Such a modern product outperforming Nord current lineup in many aspects and... half the price!

I have a StudioLogic SL88Grand MIDI controller and it's the best keybed I have, but I've watched and listened to a lot of the videos on the new StudioLogic Numa pianos and their sounds don't come close to my Nord.
docbop

Postby sonicblue » 04 Oct 2022, 20:03

docbop wrote:I have a StudioLogic SL88Grand MIDI controller and it's the best keybed I have, but I've watched and listened to a lot of the videos on the new StudioLogic Numa pianos and their sounds don't come close to my Nord.

Good point. On the contrary I have to say I returned the Piano 5 after testing it. I was totally disappointed by its keybed for this price. It worked tight, resistive, loudly and with very poor dynamic (better dynamic than it has even Casio Privia!). So for me Numa X definietely is and may be a competitor of the Nord 5
Last edited by sonicblue on 05 Oct 2022, 04:10, edited 3 times in total.
sonicblue

Postby M1tsos » 04 Oct 2022, 21:54

Hello to everyone. I complained directly via phone to clavias technician about their flagship instrument that costs 4100 euros and has a. cheap noisy dual sensor keybed… and this complain isnt only my personal opinion its my customers also.. his answer was to be patient and wait 6 months and that i will be very satisfied from the new instrument.. he couldnt say more about it.. so the conclusion for new stage or a new grand came because i also asked if it is possible to make a custom order for examble the kawai keybed from nord grand on stage 3 or the engines and all the rest of stage 3 on a nord grand chassis and keybed.. he said that clavia not make custom orders but other companys can do, he repeat just wait 6 months you will be very satisfied i warranty that..

I already started collecting money for it .. since i have a small business in my town that i sell and rent music and sound-lighting equipment for gigs clubs bars etc, i need to have fast new instruments for demo to my customers and possible new customers in my territory.

I believe it will be a new stage since its been over 5 years from stage 3 release at 2017 and the nord grand is released at 2019..

As a personal wishlist i wish a nord grand 2 with stage 3 engines and stuff or at least a new stage with kawai keybed. Definitely i dont want fatar keybed..
Last edited by M1tsos on 04 Oct 2022, 21:56, edited 2 times in total.

The author M1tsos was thanked by 3 members, including:
sonicblueWinds23skidoo
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby sonicblue » 05 Oct 2022, 04:19

So like I thought they want to launch/announce it at NAMM in April...
sonicblue

Postby M1tsos » 05 Oct 2022, 07:07

sonicblue wrote:So like I thought they want to launch/announce it at NAMM in April...

Its also very very possible that they will release a new grand piano sample with it.. last was white grand at june of 2019 before that the latest pianos was at 2017.. so beside that felt upright that hey release at February of 2022 they had almost 3 years without a sample. And all this because covid. So i believe its time they come back to it..
Last edited by M1tsos on 05 Oct 2022, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

The author M1tsos was thanked by:
sonicblue
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Postby sonicblue » 05 Oct 2022, 09:19

That would be also great to have. And again, I wouldn't excuse Clavia because of pandemic. Maybe in pandemic you had problems with concerts and gigs, but for sure access to concert halls and studios for recording purposes was really easy and open.
Btw they released some signature banks, but to my opinion they're really poor. New HQ piano sound would be more than welcomed.
But what is most needed are good keybords/pianos with really good keybeds.
Last edited by sonicblue on 05 Oct 2022, 14:22, edited 2 times in total.
sonicblue

PreviousNext

Return to General Nord Forum