Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

PIANO 5 - CLAV SOUNDS?

Postby pianomanca10 » 24 Sep 2022, 00:13

Hi all, I'm a proud Piano 5 owner. and I need to dig up a wide arrange of CLAV sounds. what's the best way to find these. I know there IS CLAV, but I didn't see a huge bank of different kinds of clavs and sounds? I'm new to Nord, so maybe I'm missing them?

or maybe I need to just find the 1 Clan sound and turn the nobs to get that crunchy dirty tone that I'm seeking?

any advice and guidance here?

thank you!
pianomanca10

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

PIANO 5 - CLAV SOUNDS?

Sponsor

Re: PIANO 5 - CLAV SOUNDS?

Postby FZiegler » 24 Sep 2022, 13:05

Whatever instrument you used before - the handling may be different.

Even your Piano 5 (which doesn't have a real synth section) has a load of capabilities which are represented not by a bunch of patches, but by a bunch of buttons and knobs.

So you have a Clavinet sound in your Piano section with a variation of all pickup combination through the Clav model (A..D). But that's not the full variety of sounds - it's just the base recreating the sound of the historical instrument itself.

You'll then have further possibilities:
- combine a clavinet sound with a sample sound from the sample synth engine
- combine a clavinet sound with a second piano sound (harpsichord, mallets, ...)
- add FX (Mod1, Mod2, Delay)
- shape the sound with reverb, EQ, drive, compressor, amp modelling

That's all up to you: There will probably be some examples in the factory programs, but it's your job to create your own sounds.

That's how a Nord wants to be treated.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum