This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Stage 3 88 vs Piano 5

Postby M1tsos » 05 Jun 2022, 23:34

Stage 3 isnt optimised for piano… you will start hear the piano sound without expressio. Without feel… the action is not so good like it is at the piano 5..

If you are targeting for piano playing keep the piano 5 or try nord grand..

Stage 3 is better as a synth-organ.. the pianos sound like they dont have many velocity steps .. i dont know if i used the correct english word for what i want to say… i hope you understand me..
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Sponsor

Postby schroed3r » 14 Sep 2022, 20:28

I had the same choice to make. Ultimately, I chose the Piano 5. I am primarily a pianist and I don't plan on playing out any time soon. I would have loved to grab the stage 3 but I decided that I really don't need an organ and extra synth sounds. The other issue was the extra $1700 I would have to pay to get the stage 3. I sometimes sit and wish that I had bought the stage 3 but that's an awful lot of extra money.
schroed3r

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Postby rhafael » 22 Sep 2022, 15:02

MarkJames wrote:If you only want to play piano sounds, or piano layered with samples, the Piano 5 is great.

But if you want synth sounds, organ (with drawbar settings), and modulation options (pitch stick and mod wheel) then I’d go with the Stage.

Its rumored that the new format will come to the Electro 6, Stage 3 and Wave 2 but nothing has been announced.

Exactly. Due to being the latest brand and my need is to use more ppiano and eps and fms and pads, I preferred the Nord Piano 5, and it has served me well, also because it has twice the sample synth memory, which helps a lot. Thanks.
rhafael

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Asina » 20 Feb 2023, 22:15

Is the hammer action on the Nord stage 3 88 easier than the mechanics on the Nord piano 5 88 ?
Asina

Postby ironheadslim » 21 Feb 2023, 23:19

I'm kind of opposite the OP. I have an Electro 6D 61 but I really want an 88 key with nice action and I think I am going to get a Yamaha P-515 to midi into the Electro for the White Grand XL, which I love!

I don't care as much about synth so I don't plan on a Stage 4 anytime soon. A Piano 5 88 would be nice but I don't need the sound files and it seems folks like the action of the P-515 better.

$.02
ironheadslim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Postby Skylight » 24 Feb 2023, 20:24

Where I live (rural tourist town), there literally aren't any piano / keyboard players who wants to gig, but there are loads of guitar players. Even though I'm not an amazing player, I've been asked to play with others because of the capability of the Stage 3 I have. But yeah, if all I wanted was piano, I'd get that. I tried a used one last week and loved it.

Yes on the proper amplification and great headphones! Also recognize that the XL files will sound better than the L.
Skylight

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum