Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Organ Grinder pedal - any good?

Postby pint6x » 21 Sep 2022, 12:26

Hi All,

I have been reading up about the Organ Grinder pedal. I have an NE3, and the standard Compressor/Drive control offers an impressive amount of dirt over the top of the B3 sounds.

I'm wondering what the OG pedal offers over and above this effect - anyone hooked up this pedal to an Electro?

Thanks - Philip
pint6x

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Organ Grinder pedal - any good?

Sponsor

Re: Organ Grinder pedal - any good?

Postby wkrbee » 28 Oct 2022, 15:41

I have one,along with the Tall and Fat. I like both pedals - great for the Jon Lord grit. Used for awhile but then got a GSI Burn which does what both do and also has Leslie, reverb. and delay. Having one pedal for live use was the best option for me.
wkrbee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C1

Postby PolishPrince » 29 Oct 2022, 07:35

Live I play with a Tall & Fat on the NS3C for almost all organ programs. I also have the Organ Grinder behind the T&F for when we play Perfect Strangers. Right now, I only use it for that one particular song, but it just sounds killer. It gets really really "throaty".

On another Lounsberry note, I just received the new Mo Bass pedal. So, at home, I use all three pedals (only one at a time)... The Mo Bass works frigging great on the Nord organ also. It's hard to pinpoint, but the Mo Bass brings out different tones than either the Organ Grinder or Tall & Fat. It's a very aggressive pedal like the Organ Grinder, but can also be tapered back for a really nice smooth sound. I won't take it live because it doesn't make that big of a difference, but I've been enjoying the Lounsberry Mo Bass at home.

I would highly recommend any of these pedals.

Below are my settings running the Nord Master Volume at 75% and all my organ programs are always set at 100% volume... After lots of testing and meter checking, these dial settings are the ones I like that let me switch from the clean Vent (no drive on the vent), to any of these pedals without raising the amplitude and blowing people's eardrums.

Of course, these are just my personal preferences for these pedals. You may like more or less drive to your NE3 organ. Set you levels to your particular taste and make notes of the positions and do some level metering and audio testing so when you do turn these on, you're not blowing your monitors or mains.

If you want really good hardcore overdrive, you won't be disappointed with either the Organ Grinder or the Mo Bass. Don't be fooled by the Mo Bass name. It works great for organ, and is very similar to the Organ Grinder, but it is difficult to put into words the difference between them. But there is a difference and I love them both. Cranked to 3:00 either one will make your guitar player jealous. After 3:00 is bananas.
Attachments
1_louns.jpg
1_louns.jpg (2.55 MiB) Viewed 1095 times
2_louns.jpg
2_louns.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1095 times
3_louns.jpg
3_louns.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1095 times
4_louns.jpg
4_louns.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1095 times
Ambassador At Large
Current Gear: NS3C,OB-X8, MatrixBrute, Polybrute, 1961 A100, 2 Vent 2s, Korg M1REX, Matrix-6, MicroFreak, TR-8S & Roland Ax-Edge for the ladies. Studio: A&H QU-16,MIO xl, Adam Audio A7X, & a Creation Station.
PolishPrince
Donator

Postby Schorsch » 30 Oct 2022, 11:39

Lucky you - the Mo Bass is not (yet) available in my part of the world unfortunately
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum