Nord Stage 2 EX not recognizing Boss EV-30

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
JohnT
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Re: Nord Stage 2 EX not recognizing Boss EV-30

Post by JohnT »

I know this has been asked and answered, but are you 100% sure you are using a TRS cable and not a standard TS?
This just happened to me when I purchased a Korg XVP-20. I inadvertently used a standard patch cable not a stereo TRS. And the pedal did not work at all.
Current rig: Nord Electro SW4, Kurzweil K2500XS, Roland XP-30, Proteus 2000, QSC K8.2, QSC K10.2, Yamaha HS80M, Auratones, Mackie 802-VLZ3, Focusrite Saphire Pro 40, MOTU MicroLite, Samsung Servo 120a, Sony MDR 7506 & MDR 7509HD, Sennheiser HD-650
Deadkeys
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by Deadkeys »

Just bought one to use on my Nord Electro 5
and a Yamaha MODX....Mine is also not working and yes using a TRS cable.
Did anyone solve this?
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

Deadkeys wrote:Just bought one to use on my Nord Electro 5
and a Yamaha MODX....Mine is also not working and yes using a TRS cable.
Did anyone solve this?

Some questions to frame your case better (details do matter):
- How is the polarity switch set on the EV30 (in case you are using EXP2 out from EV30, anyway better use EXP1 which is not affected by that switch)?
- Does it work on the Yamaha MoDX?
- What Type have you set in the NE5 System settings for CtrlPed (did you try all of them) and do you see the % changing when you move the pedal?
- Are you testing it with the Organ section (as Swell) and/or with a patch that has CtrlPed enabled on other Section or FX (e.g. Wha)?

In general, EV30 manual shows it is meant to be used mainly with Boss guitar pedals and it states that they don't guarantee it works with other devices, even if in theory it is supposed to be "just a pot" (2 actually); Yamaha FC7 (original for MoDX and a supported option for NE5) would be a better choice imo.
Last edited by maxpiano on 14 Sep 2022, 08:12, edited 8 times in total.
Vogelius
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Post by Vogelius »

It works just fine with the Boss pedal - at least on my Electro 6

Just remember to use the ‘Shift / CTRLPED’ setting under each respective ORGAN, PIANO and SYNTH
Last edited by Vogelius on 03 Feb 2023, 01:04, edited 2 times in total.