Comments, suggestions, questions about this forum? Post it here! Also for test purposes or Off-Topic discussions.

Re: New Bass & Updated Brass Samples in Nord Sample Library

Postby anotherscott » 04 Apr 2012, 20:12

Yup, Clavia's customers are the distributors. Hearing from people who already bought their Electros that, gee, drawbars would be nice, may get Nord to consider the idea, user feedback is certainly useful. But if a distributor says to Nord, "hey, based on the competitors out there and the feedback I'm getting from dealers, I think I could move a few hundred more Nords each month if you had a model with drawbars," I'd expect that to grab Nord's attention in a bigger way.
Last edited by anotherscott on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
anotherscott

Sponsor

Postby Ecaroh » 04 Apr 2012, 23:32

Funny, today I talked to a local distributor (biggest music shop dealer in Finland, having many shops all around the country) about Clavia's products. Dealer, friend of mine, was at the moment very pissed off about those new ones: he has to bear loss of selling all NP1's, NE3s, C2's with much lowered price. I don't think that he or any distributor have asked for these small product updates so often... Quite contrary. I have heard these curses very often, that "why the h**l did they released a new model when we just got this..."
Last edited by Ecaroh on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 3 times in total.
Ecaroh

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Re: Thoughts about new releases

Postby anotherscott » 07 Apr 2012, 21:24

I'm sure they have their own internal process for deciding what they want to come out with, and I imagine they take all these things into account. Their own ideas, things requested by users, things requested by sellers, things that become more feasible based on new technology, things based on what the competition is doing and how successful they seem to be at it... I didn't mean to imply that they simply build what distributors want. I just was trying to say that a request from a Nord owner (or a number of them), while valuable, probably doesn't carry as much weight as a request from a distributor who is buying and selling hundreds of units.
Last edited by anotherscott on 31 Jul 2012, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
anotherscott

Previous

Return to Off Topic / About this Forum