This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: How to clean your Nord?

Postby soratach » 07 Jan 2013, 14:54

Thanks guys! My NS2 is just over a year old... And no, it hasnt got heavier! Lol. Anyways, i might give vacuum a go! I guess cleaning it once a year wouldnt be such a bad idea ;)

The author soratach was thanked by:
Skylight
soratach

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Sponsor

Postby zarquon » 11 Jan 2013, 09:28

Hello from Singapore! We do have quite a few bugs here too, but so far I find that covering your Nord when you're not using it is by far the best solution (prevention is better than cure). I personally wouldn't open up the Nord unless there is a problem or if you really know what you're doing. Doesn't really matter how clean it is on the inside as long as it works. :)

However, I do find that my keys are starting to become a little bit squeaky... I'm wondering whether some oil or such treatment will help. Does anyone have any clue?
---
Zarquon
Nord Stage 2 SW73, Nord C2

The author zarquon was thanked by:
Skylight
zarquon

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Postby Mr_-G- » 11 Jan 2013, 21:09

Probably not oil. There is something called "lithium grease" or "white grease" (likely to be found in car spares shops) that is used for things with plastic. I am almost sure that my Yamaha P80 has this in the plastic key mechanisms and for certain in a Yamaha sustain pedal I have. I seem to remember reading -probably here- about the squeaky keys, so before using any lubricant, search the forum in case there is a better less risky solution.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by:
Skylight
Mr_-G-

Postby Skylight » 22 Aug 2022, 22:13

Thank you all for your suggestions on this question. I gig outdoors, usually next to a road or sand dunes (slightly protected by tent walls), and when I get home I notice dust and grit on the keys. I was just wondering about what to use.

Marc Larochelle suggests a computer vacuum (similar to using compressed air in a can) and led me to this post. . https://www.mykeystomusic.com/pages/nor ... r-keyboard
Skylight

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mr. Marko » 02 Sep 2022, 03:33

Keep Clean / Dusted with Hardware Store Paint Brush and Maloney Gear Covers http://maloneystagegearcovers.com/
Gig Readied with Windex Wipes (to make keys grippy)
Occasional Can of Compressed Air in Garage or Outdoors
NS4 / NS3 / NS-EX / Modular G1 / G2 / G2X / NL3
Basically Too Many Nords to Haul to a Gig
Mr. Marko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum