How to clean your Nord?

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.
soratach
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: How to clean your Nord?

Post by soratach »

Thanks guys! My NS2 is just over a year old... And no, it hasnt got heavier! Lol. Anyways, i might give vacuum a go! I guess cleaning it once a year wouldnt be such a bad idea ;)
These users thanked the author soratach for the post:
Skylight
zarquon
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Post by zarquon »

Hello from Singapore! We do have quite a few bugs here too, but so far I find that covering your Nord when you're not using it is by far the best solution (prevention is better than cure). I personally wouldn't open up the Nord unless there is a problem or if you really know what you're doing. Doesn't really matter how clean it is on the inside as long as it works. :)

However, I do find that my keys are starting to become a little bit squeaky... I'm wondering whether some oil or such treatment will help. Does anyone have any clue?
These users thanked the author zarquon for the post:
Skylight
---
Zarquon
Nord Stage 2 SW73, Nord C2
Mr_-G-

Post by Mr_-G- »

Probably not oil. There is something called "lithium grease" or "white grease" (likely to be found in car spares shops) that is used for things with plastic. I am almost sure that my Yamaha P80 has this in the plastic key mechanisms and for certain in a Yamaha sustain pedal I have. I seem to remember reading -probably here- about the squeaky keys, so before using any lubricant, search the forum in case there is a better less risky solution.
These users thanked the author Mr_-G- for the post:
Skylight
Skylight
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by Skylight »

Thank you all for your suggestions on this question. I gig outdoors, usually next to a road or sand dunes (slightly protected by tent walls), and when I get home I notice dust and grit on the keys. I was just wondering about what to use.

Marc Larochelle suggests a computer vacuum (similar to using compressed air in a can) and led me to this post. . https://www.mykeystomusic.com/pages/nor ... r-keyboard
Mr. Marko
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Modular

Post by Mr. Marko »

Keep Clean / Dusted with Hardware Store Paint Brush and Maloney Gear Covers http://maloneystagegearcovers.com/
Gig Readied with Windex Wipes (to make keys grippy)
Occasional Can of Compressed Air in Garage or Outdoors
NS4 / NS3 / NS-EX / Modular G1 / G2 / G2X / NL3
Basically Too Many Nords to Haul to a Gig