Talking about Volume - Pedals

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
kranky
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Talking about Volume - Pedals

Post by kranky »

Hi Community,

I opened a bigger thread about Volume-Management on big Coverband-Sets with up to 100 Programs. Happy if you join: post155752.html#p155752

This thread should be a littel more specific: What Volume-Pedal should I use for a big Coverband - Gig? My thoughts at first...

...I have the Yamaha Fc7 right now, that is of course pretty basic, but it having bad equip you see more clearly, what´s to improve ;)
At best, I want to not even use the pedal during a gig, because it means, that my sounds are allready perfect in Volume. But sometimes you realize, that a hook, a solo needs a little more energy or a organ or strings need to be a little less. Especially as a substitute without rehearsals, it can be good to adjust sounds on the spot.

The problem: If I have a pedal in the range of 0% - 100%, it´s nearly impossible to find back to your "main" - volume again. So, the change of volume during a set can be a drag. You are alway somewhere around 30% and 80% because you have to put the pedal back to a position "more or less" in the middle. But sometimes it´s nice to have the 0% volume - Especially for fade outs or coming in slowely with an iconc song/interlude/sound ;)

So my perfect pedal would be this: Volume range from 0% - 100% but an haptic or visual way of setting it back to "Basic-Volume" (that would be around 50%).

What are your experiences with volume-pedals and do you know a pedal, that would be what I am searching for?

Greetings,
Michael
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Talking about Volume - Pedals

Post by FZiegler »

You can configure your Yamaha FC7 in a way that it has its basic setting at about 80% and the rest is for boosting and automatically returns to the 80% setting - done with a spring. Just have a look into the FC7 manual.

I used that setting when playing with a simple stage piano - no need of doing this when using a Stage 3 with the multiple pedals and morph possibilities. But it might suit your needs on an Electro 4.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars