Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Nord Grand Firmware Differences And Some Possible Proble

Postby M1tsos » 08 Aug 2022, 17:17

maxpiano wrote:I had missed the second video, with 1.54, but if I am not mistaken in that video you test only the sustain issue, not the repetitions we are talking about now.

About the sustain issue on upper notes, since those notes have no dampers it, also in a real piano the sustain has no effect on them (there are no dampers to lift), so we may discuss about the length of the "auto-sustain" of those notes, but sustain pedal behaviour seems correct.

Ita 2 videos bro.. at first video i show i all the possible problems i have with it.. at second video i made it because many didnt hear the difference of the sustain pedal sound .. at the upper notes there is the sound of physical sustain by the notes in their physical form and also the sound of the sustain pedal when pressed down.. when you release the pedal the sound of the sustain pedal keep sounding for almost 2 seconds at the 1.62 version while at the 1.54 it stops as it should..

If you have patience use headphones and check both these videos

Regards
M1tsos

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Sponsor

Postby maxpiano » 08 Aug 2022, 17:55

I watched the video with headphones and actually I hear the difference when you release the sustain pedal, also on the high undampened notes; the secondary resonances (present when the sustain pedal is down) to me seem to fade away when the pedal is released, leaving only the ones between the undampened. Of course hears may be faulty, only a spectrum analyzer would tell the actual truth

But forgetting the sustain problem for now, my question was different and was about the other problem, the repetitions: did you test repetitions also with 1.54? I can’t see taht test in the first video (which I understand is all on 1.60) nor in the second, unless i missed them.

Then I’d propose you a different test that I’d like to do together: can you record the MIDI data of your tests and share it here as a midifile? I’d like to see what happens if the same data is played it back on a different Nord keybord having a Piano Engine (like my NE6) which in theory is common, to see if this comparison may help confirm the differences.
Last edited by maxpiano on 08 Aug 2022, 18:10, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby M1tsos » 08 Aug 2022, 17:58

maxpiano wrote:I watched the video with headphones and actually I hear the difference when you release the sustain pedal, also on the high undampened notes; the secondary resonances (present when the sustain pedal is down) to me seem to fade away when release, leaving only the ones between the undampened. Of course hears may be fault, only a spectrum analyzer would tell the actual truth

But forgetting the sustain problem for now, my question was different and was about the other problem, the repetitions: did you test repetitions also with 1.54? I can’t see taht test in the first video (which I understand is all on 1.60) nor in the second, unless i missed them.

Then I’d propose you a different test that I’d like to do together: can you record the MIDI data of your tests and share it here as a midifile? I’d like to see what happens if the same data is played it back on a different Nord keybord having a Piano Engine (like my NE6) which in theory is common, to see if this comparison may help confirm the differences.

Hmmm very good idea my friend…i am planning to do something a bit different when my kawai mp11 arrives i will try to midi play them.. to play nord from kawais keybed and play kawai with nord keybed to see if something changes..

How i will do this idea of yours to post the midi file here?? Do i need to use cubase??
M1tsos

Postby maxpiano » 08 Aug 2022, 18:01

Yes you need to record the NG MIDI data on a MIDI track (having NG port as Input) in Cubase or any other DAW, then export just that track as .mid
Last edited by maxpiano on 08 Aug 2022, 18:02, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby M1tsos » 08 Aug 2022, 22:33

maxpiano wrote:Yes you need to record the NG MIDI data on a MIDI track (having NG port as Input) in Cubase or any other DAW, then export just that track as .mid

I got it what you mean.. this will show me the velocity numbers.. wont be able to figure out if the instrument has some peoblem at the keybed i think… anyway i will give it a try.. but i will need some days to do it.. i will come back here in the post when i do it
M1tsos

Postby M1tsos » 25 Aug 2022, 15:41

https://we.tl/t-WSEYH2V2AB

In this video i midi it with kawai mp11se at 9 minutes and 5 seconds you can see and hear the F4 and F5 notes i press it and doesnt even sound.. sometimes happen and sometimes not… very strange and i am not sure what is wrong

You can also notice in the whole video that from mp11 keybed the repeated notes sound faster with more attack compared to nord grands keybed…

Can someone explain what is happening here? I am waiting answer from clavia also tommorow i will speak on phone with the factory technician
Last edited by M1tsos on 25 Aug 2022, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
M1tsos

Postby maxpiano » 25 Aug 2022, 19:52

If you don't record the MIDI data in the 2 cases and compare them, it is hard to make any analysis
Last edited by maxpiano on 25 Aug 2022, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum