Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord Electro 7, what features do people want?

Postby b3keys88 » 27 Jul 2022, 01:09

I'd sure like a pitch bend and mod WHEEL... And of course, more user memory
b3keys88

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Sponsor

Postby walkup music » 03 Aug 2022, 19:54

I have the electro 6. I love it but the only issue is I would like to send any of the 3 sections to a separate output, not just the organ. I.e. I would like to put the bass into a bass amp and the piano into the PA. Right now it can only send the organ section to it's own output. piano and sample library cannot be separated. Unless I'm missing something.
walkup music

Postby livewebstudios » 08 Aug 2022, 09:38

Pitchbend
Sample library upper AND lower
More velocity filters (yes...I know this is not a "synth"). But just something to make the sample library sound a bit better.
livewebstudios

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Postby maurus » 09 Aug 2022, 17:53

Full (triple and half) pedal functionality, and MIDI functionality for playing it from an external keyboard as in the Electro 5 (or better).
maurus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Phil123 » 27 Aug 2022, 10:55

Hello. I'm new here. I have an Electro 6D 73 and I'm very pleased with it. A dream come true!!!! I have other keyboards and I had in the past, but don't have now, 2 amazing keyboards: A Roland Jupiter 6 and a Lionstracs Mediastation X-76 which was upgraded to a Lionstracs Groove level. (Very long story!!!!). So there are some things that I would like to see from the Lionstracs on the Nord Electro. Here we go: Apart from more memory and pitch and modulation wheels etcetera, (we all want those), I would like to see specific start and stop points of sounds. For example, if you are using choir sounds, you only want realistic a realistic range of about 2 octaves, more or less. This is so useful when layering. You won't get those 'out of range, unrealistic' choir sounds. You can do that on a Lionstracs and some other keyboards but I don't think you can do that on the Nord Electro. (Perhaps on the Nord Stage?) Another thing is separate outputs for the different sections. I'll explain: I'm taking my Electro to a family wedding but someone else is going to play it. (I've been forbidden to play it as I'm family etcetera and have another function there!!!). But there is a conflict. The player only wants a piano sound but a layered string sound would be great. If it had separate outputs, we could programme in a layered sound and put them into 2 different amplifiers. I might have to take one of my separate modules to do it though. (Another long story). And XLR outputs would be great too (again, the Lionstracs had those.) And more midi outputs too. How can you use a second keyboard and pedals for an organ and use external modules etc? OK. Perhaps all this is too much to ask for, but it's just some ideas.
Thanks and best regards
Phil
Phil123

Postby maxpiano » 27 Aug 2022, 11:43

Phil123 wrote:I would like to see specific start and stop points of sounds. For example, if you are using choir sounds, you only want realistic a realistic range of about 2 octaves, more or less. This is so useful when layering. You won't get those 'out of range, unrealistic' choir sounds. You can do that on a Lionstracs and some other keyboards but I don't think you can do that on the Nord Electro. (Perhaps on the Nord Stage?)

Hello Phil and welcome to NUF.

You are correct, you can do that with the Nord Stage because it supports 3/4 Zones and not just Upper/lower like on NE6, but actually with a little workaround you can also do it on the Nord Electro, i.e. by creating your own .nsmp version of that choir sound, using the Nord Sample Editor (you will have to resample it if it is a factory one, because you cannot edit an existing .nsmp) and creating "silent zones" on the ranges where you don't want the choir sound to play.
Last edited by maxpiano on 27 Aug 2022, 11:46, edited 4 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by 2 members, including:
StuartRPhil123
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby maxpiano » 27 Aug 2022, 11:50

Phil123 wrote: And more midi outputs too. How can you use a second keyboard and pedals for an organ and use external modules etc?

On current Nord Electro you can only play 1 part from External and you cannot have Dual Manual + Pedals Organ (only either Dual Manual or pedal + Upper), so you don't have this problem because 1 MIDI IN is sufficient from this perspective (and External Modules will be connected to the MIDI OUT). The Nord Electro is not supposed to be a workstation or a master keyboard anyway, rather a standalone or secondary keyboard.
Last edited by maxpiano on 27 Aug 2022, 11:53, edited 4 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
Phil123
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Phil123 » 27 Aug 2022, 12:22

And some other things. I've never used one, but an 11 pin connection to a Lesley Rotary speaker would be great too. And the ability to use 2 different sounds from the same section.
But... These are extras that I suppose won't be put on.

Best regards
Phil123

Postby vcfvca » 01 Sep 2022, 21:22

Look at my post on external pitch bend box for Electro. nord-electro-forum-f9/use-of-external-midi-pitchbend-controller-t22752-10.html
But … I think Nord will not release a new Electro but they will release the….. Stage Electro!

This will be one half of the Stage - so 3 slots with Pitch and probably Mod wheel too..
Last edited by vcfvca on 01 Sep 2022, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
vcfvca

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum