Effects routing

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Effects routing

Post by Schorsch »

Hi,

someone in a German musician forum was asking about the effects routing of the Stage, if it is left to right or in a different order, and is is the same for all engines or different per engine. Interesting question, does someone know?
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Re: Effects routing

Post by maxpiano »

Hi Scorsch, here an older discussion on that topic nord-stage-forum-f3/nord-stage-fx-chain ... 13936.html that was probably not completed (or maybe yes, with the test of the last post, I report it below) but at least has some info to start from.
Tomasz wrote:I'd say it's Ampsim/EQ --> FX1 --> FX2 --> Delay. I ran some tests; if you use Drive (even 0.1) on Ampsim/EQ, the whole section becomes mono in/mono out, so if it were at the end, effects such as Autopan or Ping Pong Delay wouldn't give stereo, yet they do!
Cheers :))
Last edited by maxpiano on 21 Jul 2022, 11:55, edited 4 times in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
Schorsch
Elias

Re: Effects routing

Post by Elias »

Remember that it might depend on the effects type as well. I somehow remember Wah being pre-Ampsim, and Autopan as post-Ampsim. Not sure though.
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.