General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Nord Stage 3

Postby JAXPianoService » 29 Jun 2022, 19:29

To my tech brothas....

I just recently replaced the rubber contacts across the entire keybed....now the upper octaves will not play. The ribbon cables orient only one way. Any known issues with the main board causing such symptoms?
JAXPianoService

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Re: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mr_-G- » 29 Jun 2022, 21:41

Are the rubber contacts properly sitting in place? I remember somebody reporting that there are some tiny holes on the plate where equally small tiny rubber 'pins' have to be seated using a toothpick or similar. I never have done this on a Nord, but I have cleaned TV remote controls which use pretty much the same mechanism to keep the multi button rubber (well, silicone) sheet in place. If slightly out of place the buttons might not make contact.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Nord Stage 3

Postby be lee vit » 29 Jun 2022, 23:21

I can confirm that those rubber "pins" are challenging to get seated correctly. On my Stage two there are two different diameters...I found the smaller ones to be quite tricky to get through the mating hole on the board.
65 Wurlitzer 720B, 59-ish Hammond M3 & 50's Leslie 44W

The author be lee vit was thanked by:
Mr_-G-
be lee vit

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord Stage Forum