Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

RE: Preference Of Factory Samples?

Postby monsterjazzlicks » 23 Jun 2022, 00:20

Hi folks,

Another thread (sorry!). 8-)

I wanted to ask, please: do most Electro users retain the Nord factory samples on their synths, or do most users wipe them off - obviously one can reinstall them again if needed.

I think that some of the Nord samples are actually very good (esp. the strings); and so I would probably keep around 10 of these loaded. But the brass samples are quite weak so I am replacing most of them. There are other Nord samples of which I will never have any use for (eg. flute, guitar, and harp), and so these have been long since deleted.

I'm not sure exactly how many samples in total I have currently loaded (a quick glance at the NSM looks like circa 150+). And I only have 35MB free space! :|

I would estimate that 50% of the samples onboard my machine are Nord's, and the other half are ones I have acquired from elsewhere.

But has anyone done away with ALL of Nord's samples and completely filled their machine with self-creations? Also, does anyone find themselves running out of sample memory MB? Or do you always have room to spare?

Many thanks in advance . . .

Paul David Seaman
Nord Electro 6D (61) | Yamaha DXR 10 (pair) | Yamaha HS7 (pair) | Cubase 9 | Sibelius 8.6 | Windows 10
monsterjazzlicks

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

RE: Preference Of Factory Samples?

Sponsor

Re: RE: Preference Of Factory Samples?

Postby monsterjazzlicks » 23 Jun 2022, 01:29

. . . I have just managed to delete about 150MB of worthless factory samples. :mrgreen:
Nord Electro 6D (61) | Yamaha DXR 10 (pair) | Yamaha HS7 (pair) | Cubase 9 | Sibelius 8.6 | Windows 10
monsterjazzlicks

Postby Normski » 23 Jun 2022, 10:25

I normally have only a small amout of free space.
When I want to load a new sample I look through and find something unused that im unlikely to want and delete it to make room.
Norm

The author Normski was thanked by:
monsterjazzlicks
Normski

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby monsterjazzlicks » 23 Jun 2022, 22:27

Normski wrote:I normally have only a small amout of free space.
When I want to load a new sample I look through and find something unused that im unlikely to want and delete it to make room.

Hi Norm,

So you are pretty full to the brim to start with then?! Is it not a bit of a PITA running this procedure just for the sake of loading merely 1 or 2 samples? I mean, do you really need to carry a full house all of the time?

Secondly, is your machine full of your own samples, Nord's, or some of both?

I now have 185MB free memory.

Cheers,

Paul
Last edited by monsterjazzlicks on 23 Jun 2022, 22:28, edited 2 times in total.
monsterjazzlicks

Return to Nord Electro Forum