General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

How to set B program

Postby cliff » 19 Jun 2022, 15:45

I feel like I'm losing my mind :-)
I've done it many times in the past but suddenly I can't create a layered program by setting a different sound in the B panel. I'm sure this is in the manual but I'm not finding it. Can someone please help? I have a piano in an and want to put a wurly in B. I'm in Song Edit mode but when I spin the program select the entire program changes (as you'd expect, I suppose). What am I missing?
Thanks!
cliff

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

How to set B program

Sponsor

Re: How to set B program

Postby Winds » 19 Jun 2022, 16:00

I assume your piano is already in A? Press panel B, switch on the piano sound, switch to electrical and then change the patch until you get the wurly sound. Also make sure both Panel A and Panel B lights have their red lights on. If only one of them is only one Panel will sound.

Also if I'm not mistaken, do not edit patches in song edit mode. Go out of song edit mode first to save your program. Then you can enter song edit mode to register your saved program. Good luck.
Winds

Location: that somewhat lesser known country on Borneo Island near to Singapore
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby WannitBBBad » 19 Jun 2022, 16:34

cliff wrote:I feel like I'm losing my mind :-)
I've done it many times in the past but suddenly I can't create a layered program by setting a different sound in the B panel. I'm sure this is in the manual but I'm not finding it. Can someone please help? I have a piano in an and want to put a wurly in B. I'm in Song Edit mode but when I spin the program select the entire program changes (as you'd expect, I suppose). What am I missing?
Thanks!

Two things come to mind: As noted by Winds, when you want to save settings changes to a Program you've created, you don't want to be in Song mode. After you've set up panel A with the piano you want, select panel B and select the organ, piano, and/or synth sounds you want to add (don't turn the rotary dial to select another program). Good luck!
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 19 Jun 2022, 16:37, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Postby DJKeys » 19 Jun 2022, 16:40

cliff wrote:I feel like I'm losing my mind :-)
Thanks!

Yes, you cannot save an edit in Song Mode.

-dj

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby cliff » 19 Jun 2022, 19:11

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm all set.
cliff

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Return to Nord Stage Forum