General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: List of Nord Stage 3 known issues/bugs

Postby Schorsch » 29 Apr 2022, 13:30

DrewBypass wrote:Hi all

Has anyone else had any problems with the HP76 keyboard? Mine is AWFUL. So heavy it actually starts to hurt. Spongy, dull, like playing through treacle. Before anyone suggests selling it and getting an HA88 - or going in for surgery, is there anything else that can be done? Would it help to clamp the keys down with a plank for a couple of weeks? Might they loosen up a touch as time goes on?

Wow its a shocker. Worst weighted keys I’ve ever played.

Hi, I was intended to buy a HP76 in the first instance as it seemed to be the best compromise for organ and Piano in one instrument, but after testing all three versions (Compact, HP76 and HA88) it became very clear to me that the HP76 has the worst keyboard of all of them for me personally, so I decided to go for a Compact first and later added a HA88.

Have you tried it before you purchased the HP76 and if so did it satisfy you when testing it? There is nothing you can do to improve it other than selling it and buy a Compact or HA88 I'm afraid although that's not what you like to hear ...
Last edited by Schorsch on 29 Apr 2022, 23:08, edited 3 times in total.
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..

The author Schorsch was thanked by:
Slide
Schorsch
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby DrewBypass » 19 Jun 2022, 18:02

M1tsos wrote:
DrewBypass wrote:Hi all

Has anyone else had any problems with the HP76 keyboard? Mine is AWFUL. So heavy it actually starts to hurt. Spongy, dull, like playing through treacle. Before anyone suggests selling it and getting an HA88 - or going in for surgery, is there anything else that can be done? Would it help to clamp the keys down with a plank for a couple of weeks? Might they loosen up a touch as time goes on?

Wow its a shocker. Worst weighted keys I’ve ever played.

Have you tryed other hp76 than yours?? If yes is it the same as yours??

Hey - sorry for long delay. Yes I had been playing one on a gig I do, and I hadn’t noticed it being so bad. Anyway, the good news is that after being flat on its stand and played for a month or so, there is a little more life in the keybed now. Still not great but much improved. Don’t get me wrong its a really useful instrument and all that, many things I like about it - but I feel I have a right to complain at 3k a pop. You expect better these days. I reckon it classes as a “known issue” :D !!
DrewBypass

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 2

Postby judynord » 14 Jul 2023, 03:20

Bug: Level goes to max when I hit keys.

I just made a new program with a new sample. It was my first time creating a sample. I have the sample on the lower split and a grand piano on the higher. If I use the ctrlped morph for levels, the level pops up to the max when I hit the keys in that section. This has never happened before. Ideas?
judynord

Postby catosim » 14 Jul 2023, 08:16

Never experienced this behavior.
Is the problem the same if you change the sample with another?
If the problem disappears with another sample, then the problem is your new sample - not the NS3
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
catosim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum